Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:15 PM   #1

Default Kodak z1012 is compatiable lens

Looking around for other lenses I can use with my Kodak z1012 is. Ordered a Bower 52mm lens tube adapter, will get step and step down rings to fit proper lenses. Wondering what other brands of lenses people have had luck with, besides the Olympus Telecon 17.
Pizza Thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:01 PM   #2

G'day PT

That vintage of Kodak + canon + Panny + Fuji cameras all had offerings of a similar type ~ usually a wide angle of 0,7x magnification and a tele of 1,5x or 1,7x or 2,0x magnification

Whether you can find any of them these days will be the big question

Apart from accessory lenses costing maybe $200ea, you will be able to use various filters [pola + ND] and/or close-up lenses [+2 or +3 are useful]

I certainly would not be buying the $50 per pair "high quality digital camera accessory lenses" from an unknown maker [speaking from experience here ]

Hope this helps -
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:41 PM   #3

Is there by any chance an extension tube, or is the lens tube adapter the only thing they got for this camera?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:48 AM   #4

And also where can I find a zoom lens, or is telephoto the only options i'm going to get, like the Olympus Telecon 17.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:24 AM   #5

Found this image of my camera type, haven't seen that telephoto lens anywhere, but it sure looks good on it, wonder where I could find one. I wonder if it's the wide telephoto lens by chance? No clue, I'm just starting to get into modifying my camera, sad huh, haha
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:07 PM   #6

G'day PF

May I offer a small note of caution ...
For an 8 year old ? camera things can go amiss at any time, and you need to consider where best to put your hard-earned $$$

If you have the Oly 1,7x teleconverter, I would stop there with other lenses

I have the Kodak Schneider 0,7x wide angle attachment and it's very good - but I don't use it very often

It's easy enough to stitch together several images to make a wide-angle image - many of us do it regularly and it will be cheaper than putting $200-odd down on such a lens

Maybe before putting extra $$ down, have a look at some of the Panny users images and see the image quality from them. A typical 24x system has both more wide-angle & more tele than your existing 1012 camera

Just a few thoughts
Phil
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:44 PM   #7

Hey Phil, thanks for the help.
Ive been doing a lot of research and Ive decided to get a Nikon D5200 in the near future, just saving up for it. Think it's time to actually upgrade to a camera with interchangeable lenses for once.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:19 PM   #8

G'day PF

Whether it be a Ca-Nik-tax or whatever, & whether you need interchangeable lenses is totally up to you, your style of picture taking & your budget

For me, after 40+ years with film camera SLRs, I have gone back to a fixed lens superzoom camera as having a camera & interchangeable lenses no longer excites me. I just enjoy my style of photography and a superzoom will do that very well [see my FLickr site if you wish]

Insofar as Accessory Lenses for your Kodak [or another superzoom] it's again a matter of horses for courses ... and money

Here's a link to a site that runs Africa Photo Safari tours and they have a great suggestion for superzoom users

http://www.safari-guide.co.uk/panaso...rsion-lens.php

While I'm not suggesting that a) you need to do the safari, or b) you need one of their suggested lenses, the site might offer you some extra info that will help your decision making

Phil