Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 4, 2004, 10:34 PM   #1

Default Why can't I...

Why can't I use my SD card in thee card reader? Is this common to all Kodaks When I insert it it says no image found. I have to go thru the easyshare software.
DX6490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2004, 11:57 PM   #2

There must be a glitch somewhere. I have a built-in 5 card reader on my laptop and I just insert the card and it automatically opens Easyshare and downloads them. I don't have to do a thing. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Easyshare software. I had a problem once with downloading with the reader and that took care of it.
rtif1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:23 AM   #3

I want download directly to photoshop album and bypass easyshare. Just one less jpeg to deal with. I too have a built in reader.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 1:58 AM   #4

Have you tried looking in explorer for it?

Install the card and you should have a removeable drive with a DCIM directory on it. Below the DCIM is a directory named 100K6490 inside it should be all your pictures, movies, wavs.

If that works then you need to configure what drive is legal for album to download from.

I have three different SD readers + the one built into the camera and all work with photoshop album (and easyshare removed).
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 8:05 AM   #5

Have you used a card of this size in your card reader before? I have a 4 slot card reader that I've used 64mb cards in successfully in the past. When I got my dx6490, I bought a 128mb card, and I cannot get it to read. It usually maps the slot as a drive, and it doesn't even do that. I put it down to my card reader not liking the size (memory) of my card...

Now I wonder if it has something to do with kodak...
thekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 8:23 AM   #6

I have 2-256M cards and one 512M card. I usually use the 512M card in my Pentax but have used it in the Kodak. I don't even have the dock hooked to my computer anymore.

Once installed the card should be in explorer the Kodak will have nothing to do with that. You should be able to read/write to the card directly from windows just like any other drive.

Silly thought, you didn't accidentally set the Kodak to internal memory did you?
Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleDude
Have you tried looking in explorer for it?

Install the card and you should have a removeable drive with a DCIM directory on it. Below the DCIM is a directory named 100K6490 inside it should be all your pictures, movies, wavs.

If that works then you need to configure what drive is legal for album to download from.

Still get the message file damaged or corrupted can not configure. The pictures will download thru easyshare.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:17 PM   #8

Actually that error is sounding more like the driver for the SD reader has become corrupted. You might want to go into the Hardware panel and delete the device and then reinstall the driver. Barring that I would probably just throw money at the problem a USB 2.0 SD reader is less than $20.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 2:21 PM   #9

Doesn't matter i have two readers, 1 in the computer and one in my scanner and they both do it. I give up
Old Mar 5, 2004, 2:24 PM   #10

hmm....can't you just copy and paste the file into the album....would be more work then going directly to them but you won't have to save it as a Jpeg again.....
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote