Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 12, 2004, 12:02 AM   #1

Default i am considering the 6490 - how much did you pay for it?

How much did you pay for your 6490?? Where did you buy it? Anyone get it off of ebay?? ebay seems to be cheaper but the shipping is ridiculous.

thanks.
mdahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2004, 5:30 AM   #2

Hi,,,I bought mine off e-bay,,,the price has gone down a lot so you`ll do better than me,,,the actual best place to buy is CostCo,,,their return policy I hear is the best arround,,,and the SD cards are cheap there also...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 12:29 PM   #3

I bought mine at Best buy... As for warranty I got a 4 year extended full replacement for anything goes wrong...

Don't fix it just hand you a new one... Thats what the salelady said..
zx12richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 4:46 PM   #4

I hear CostCo`s return policy is really good,,,if you use the cam for a while and it`s not what you want,,,there is a no questions return policy,,,,

On the idea of buying on E-bay,,,just be carefull,,,make certain the seller has a high positive feedback rating...

Also make sure the seller sells you a sealed in the box "new" camera with full receipts and documentation,,,or else Kodak may not honor the warranty,,,

I live in Canada,,,I bought my DX6490 through e-bay and had no problems,,,,

The sellers e-bay name,,,if you want to contact him,,,is,,

cyrus0027

He sells Kodaks their every week,,,,he`s extremely honest and very helpfull,,,yes the shipping was a little much,,,but,,,,it arrived in 2 day`s fully insured,,,

You do not want to pay big money for a DC and take weeks to get it,,,it gives the postal system to much time to lose it or damage it if sent uninsured and slow...

Just do what i did and ask the seller before you bid what the shipping charges are,,,then make yourself a firm price that you want to pay for the cam and subtract the shipping cost from your decided price,,,,that way you`ll bid only what you really want to pay with the shipping included,,,can`t go wrong that way..

When i purchased my DC through cyrus0027 all i saved was the taxes over buying it new here,,,,but that was about 90 dollars i saved,,,,they are not going that high now due to the fact it was just released when i purchased mine...

Hope this helps,,,I love my DX,,,you`ll feel the same i`m sure..

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 5:26 PM   #5

I got mine from www.newegg.com. Awesome company, I highly recommend them. I paid $425 tax free and free shipping through FedEx. It got to my house in 2 working days too. I also got my 256 MB sandisk SD card for like $55 with free shipping. I'm very happy with my DX 6490 so far. I would be leary of buying something this expensive on ebay. It is usually a pain in the butt to deal with sellers on ebay if it gets damaged in shipping or anything else. Newegg has excellent customer service. It is the only place that I buy computer stuff from.

Jake
jkulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 9:17 AM   #6

Newegg.com is a great online company to deal with. I've bought many items from them including a 256 SD card for 59.00 with free shipping. I believe the DX6490 is 419.00 on their site now.
ncsumd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:05 PM   #7
woz

I paid 419.99 at Costco + tax

Like others have said their customer service is great and return policy is #1
woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:09 PM   #8

$600.00 CDN at Henry's. That's with the dock.

James
JamesDFarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2004, 10:53 AM   #9

I just bought one from Dell. It was $399 with no dock. They have 10% off all cameras with free shipping until tomorrow. Also if you search on ebay, there are people selling $25 of $300 for $1. In total plus tax I paid $354.98
lieben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2004, 4:09 PM   #10

$499 at Circuit City. I hate CC but it was the best deal I could find. Online they have a deal that includes a 10% gift card pluse a 128mb memory card if you purchase the camera online.

I went into the store and asked why should I purchase it online? Can't they just give me this deal in the store? After discussing it over with the manager, he agreed to give me this deal.

The next day I returned to the store to exchange the 128mb memory card for a 256mb. I paid for the difference ($20) plus I bought an extra battery ($30) all on the free gift card that I received from them.

Summary: $499 got me the camera, the dock, an extra battery and a 256mb memory card.
QCJLo is offline   Reply With Quote