Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 22, 2004, 7:00 PM   #1

Default DX6490 adapter - Aftermarket available

I've found the 44>52mm aftermarket adapter on Ebay and have ordered one and picked up a 52>55mm step-ring locally for when I decide to get the lens. (filters are more important to me at the moment)

Just tap in "6490 tube" in the worldwide search bar an up one comes (don't worry if somebody beats you to it as another appears shortly after)

Here's the current one available
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=43441

I know some people will say buy genuine, but if you look at the Kodak one the tube is the same size up to where it flares out so this cheapie with a step-up ring will be the same.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2004, 3:13 AM   #2

What do they get for the step-ring? I have found the lens in stock at an internet store but they don't have the adapter yet. Figure that one out!!
rtif1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 8:51 AM   #3

I've received my AFTERMARKET adapter and bought the 52>55mm step-up ring, some 55mm filters and a rubber lens hood.
I am currently waiting on some Cokin filters and adapter to arrive and the release of the Kodak lens.

Here's how it's looking with adapter, step-up ring, filter and hood.

With just the adapter.(step-up ring underneath)

Old Apr 29, 2004, 4:30 PM   #4

Can someone please explain the gain of this.... I am new what could I gain??? Thanxxx
zx12richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 5:03 PM   #5

You can put a skylight filter on the adapter,,and that for one will protect that expensive lense,,,great when going into wet/dusty conditions...

You can also get a wider angle lense or a telephoto lense to extend your DC cams ability to go farther and wider...

There are hundreds of filters you can buy,,,some are colored,,some are foggy arround the edges for that special photo of your wife/girlfriend,,,looks really neat,,,,

You can put polarizing filters on it,,,makes the sky bluer/grasses greener,,,removes glare...

There are almost unlimmited special effects you can achieve,,,

If you only care about taking regular photo`s,,,then it`s a waste of money for a lot of people,,,depends on what ,,,YOU ,,,, want from your cam...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:06 PM   #6

Brian's spot on again.

That's exactly what I'm doing with this camera.
Protecting the lens from knocks, dirt and scratches is the number one priority. (one scratch and it's new camera time, and a skylight lens is only a few pounds.)
It's nice to play with Photoshop or any other software to change images but I am trying to learn the craft without the backup of software, so that when I move on to a DSLR in a few years I will have half an idea of what I'm doing.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:21 AM   #7

I want the ability to zoom farther without digital zoom.. Or losing clarity.. Is that possible to do it optically??? Also wide angle would be awesome...

Thanxxx
zx12richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:47 AM   #8

I could now put on any cheap or expensive lens above 55mm onto my camera, but I am waiting for the proper Kodak lens to become available as they are designed to work with the Schneider lens that is already there.
At the moment filters are more important to me, but the wide-angle lens does seem tempting, I'm not too sure about a telephoto (if they ever make one) because I'd have to drag my tripod everywhere with me.
My bag has now grown up to a camcorder size bag and I have just enough room in there to put in a lens or two (one day), a few more filters and maybe a flash gun + mount and then that will be full.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 10:12 AM   #9

Paul,,,where you able to find a grip and flash to your liking yet ????

I wonder if,,,and,,,,when,,,Kodak will get the Schneider 0.7X wide angle lense out,,,,they are really dragging their feet on this,,,,

I really want to see what the lense will do,,,,,i`m kind of thinking of getting something that i can do even closer macros with,,,,i love close-ups of flowers,,,

Here`s a few photo`s I took today,,,one of a silhouette,,I took this about 10 years ago,,,blew it up poster size,,then had it laminated..this is a pic of that hanging on my wall,,,,kind of proud of it,,,the laminater said i should sell prints of it,,,,i said i don`t think so.too much hassle involved for me..

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/...e/100_0472.jpg

This one is of a clock,,,i collect clocks,,,got this from Belgium actually,,,They don`t have this clock in the U.SA. or Canada..

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/...e/100_0480.jpg

This one is another clock i have,,,,yeah i know it`s Fuji,,,, but it`s still a nice clock,it`s over my bed,,it`s an LCD clock and backlights too,,probably should have turned it on so you could see the lights too,,,oh well maybe later...

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/...e/100_0277.jpg

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 11:59 AM   #10

Brian.

First of all, I like your sunset picture, makes me look forward to summer.

I've spotted another flash setup that Rick is selling, he is sending me some demo pictures of it in action later today.

I doubt that the lens will be available before the adapter - but with this amount of delay, you never know? I see that the adapter is now estimated around mid May-ish.

I have looked at close-up filters but I'm pretty sure the pictures would come out for the worst but I may get one soon if I win a bid on Ebay for 30-odd filters, then you had better brace yourselves for a lot of filter demos.