Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 9, 2004, 11:03 PM   #1

OK so Best Buy Texas will match internet price on nearly everything in the store. Well I showed the guy a web. sight that showed a 349 price for a 6490.. well it was for a refurb and he passed it to me for a New 6490 and dock.......Yup! so with the money saved I purchased the printer doc also.....It wasnt until I got home did I relaize he gave me the rpice for a refurb unit that was advertised.....oh well.....

BTW I went to Best buy today and purchased a PNY 512 SD card for 114.....and 30 dollar maiul in rebate........
1texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2004, 12:47 AM   #2

That's a great price on a great camera! The only thing that kept me from getting it was that it won't manual focus. Still, though, that cam takes very nice pictures. I picked up a Fuji S5000 instead, which I'm very happy with. Our local Walmart is now carrying the 6490, and they have dropped the Fuji S3000 to make room for the 6490, which was a good move in my opinion. I'm admittedly a Fuji fan, but the 6490 smokes the S3000 pretty big-time in several different areas. Have fun with your camera and post some pictures!
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2004, 8:20 AM   #3

I would have purchased the S7000 from Best buy! But they did not have it yet...SO I ened up with the 6490. I like both and will see how this goes and how easily I can take phots of my Daughters comp. Cheer team. WHo know I may end up selling it and buying the S7000 if it doesnt work out.
1texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2004, 4:23 PM   #4

I think you'll find that the 6490 is an excellent camera, and I think the only thing that might disappoint you would be the lack of auto-focus. I couldn't fault it for anything else. Takes excellent pictures, I was in Best Buy a couple weeks ago looking for a filter and someone took a picture of their kid (with the 6490) and then printed it out on the dock so they could check the quality, and I have to say that I was pretty impressed.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 12:14 AM   #5

I did the same thingwith Circuit City,Friendswood location,cocnerning price matching.Salesperson told me that they would only price match locate retail stores in the area, no internet pricing.So before I left Ispoke with the Store Mgr and showed her the ad.She called the site to confirmpricing, if the item was new with US warranty.I walked out with anew 6490 w/ dock and camera bagfor $369 plus tax.

Will2318 is offline   Reply With Quote