Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 18, 2004, 6:23 AM   #11

thanks brian can you post one macro-photo?
simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2004, 6:33 AM   #12

simone wrote:
Quote:
ok,

talking about lens for 6490 i'll obtain for a slim circolarpolarizer, do you think that i need for other accessories? except battery, sd card, case?
An external flash is what I'm looking out for at the moment.

The best thing to have is a UV or Skylight filter on at all times (to protect the lens)anda polariser and ND filterin your case when you need it.

Don't worry about getting the genuine filters as any good quality 55mm ones work.

You will need a camcorder case to put all this stuff in (mine's full and I haven't got the flash gun yet)
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2004, 3:23 PM   #13

i am searching on ebay for lens adapters, i found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3815428383

Lens adapter in plastic...but with hood

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3816409104

Lens adapted in metal

What is the best?

Old May 18, 2004, 8:12 PM   #14

Sure Simone,,here`s a crocus flower macro,,,,i really like..i love maco-photography

Brian
Attached Images

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2004, 8:15 PM   #15

Make certain the polarizing filter is a "circular polarizer",,,the regular one i`ve been told can affect your auto focus,,,just a warning...

Brian

Whooops another macro for you...this one is just a crocus bud,,,i really can`t see this getting any better in focus and the colors are to die for...

Attached Images

Old May 18, 2004, 8:28 PM   #16

brianhare wrote:
Quote:
Make certain the polarizing filter is a "circular polarizer",,,the regular one i`ve been told can affect your auto focus,,,just a warning...

I'll post the difference tomorrow, as I have both.
Old May 18, 2004, 9:41 PM   #17

simone wrote:
Quote:
i am searching on ebay for lens adapters, i found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3815428383

Lens adapter in plastic...but with hood

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3816409104

Lens adapted in metal

What is the best?

I've got the basic adapter on my camera and also a rubber lens hood which you can pick up for a few pounds/dollars/euros.

It works well, but as the genuine adapter must be coming out soon? (long standing joke for us) it's up to you if you want to go down this route.
Attached Images

Old May 19, 2004, 10:12 AM   #18

Latest word from Kodak is " Next week" for the official adapter to be available to buy from thier shop Rite2u.

Got to laugh,:lol: the DX7630 already has an adapter available.
Old May 19, 2004, 11:53 AM   #19

I obtained from kkluo (on ebay) for the metal adapter plus plastic hood, and also for a Hoya slim circularpolarizer (from other user). ... i know the AF problems with linear...Kodak always delay the avaiability of lens and adapter, i called it and said me that now have only travel battery charger for 6490. Brian, you are a greater photographer have you a double photo with and wihtout polarized to see differences? You think that is a fine buy the wide angle lens...your lens is by Schneider?
Old May 19, 2004, 5:18 PM   #20

Simone,,i do not have the adapter or wide angle lense yet,,,i posted a picture on this site,,,but it was just a picture,,,i am still awaiting the release of these through Kodak,,,i have a lot of 52mm filters but i want to wait for the Kodak adapter before using them,,,i don`t want to have to get 2 adapter tubes...

I have tons of 35mm slides and prints using a polarizer though,,,it is definately worth buying,,,also the neutral density is a must for those shots of streams with the water in motion,,,,i love those shots..

Personally the 0.7x wide angle Schneider is the only choice,,,,for me anyway,,,i won`t waste the time with others,,,i want the best quality,,,made to fit lense,,,for my DX6490,,,and if it`s a little more than i`d like to spend,,,,then i`ll have to wait till the price drops,,,or suffer and spend the money....i`m in no rush,,,i`m learning how to use the programs and PASM modes well,,,so i can be efficient in the field,,,,time wasted playing arround now is time gained in the field

Brian