Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 19, 2004, 7:26 PM   #21

The real funny thing about the DX7630 is that the Kodak site says the camera will be available in June while the lense adapter was available in March. If you click the ourchase online for the camera it comes saying that the camera is available and in stock from Best Buy and Amazon.com. Someone at Kodak sure doesn't know they have or don't have..

Ken Miller
kenm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 4:16 AM   #22

It's taken a week to get my camera out of it's case, but today I had a couple of spare hours between jobs, so out it came.

As it was a nice day I thought I would show the difference a polarising filter could make to your photos.
Firstly taken with no adapter or filters at f2.8 1/350 manual mode (I use the settings that auto gave me then locked into M)

[align=center][/align]

Secondly polariser fitted but turned the wrong way.(same settings, note vignetting on right but not on left?)

[align=center]

And finally I turned the polariser around to it's full potential.
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

And here is another quick example.

With skylight filter only.

[align=center][/align]

With polariser added.

[align=center][/align]

--
All the best - Paul
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 9:05 AM   #23

The shot of the park could have been lighter,,,i`ve found in the past you need to turn the exposure comp up,,,,sometimes as much as 1.0+...just a suggestion,,,,,,now the last series turned out great,,,,,,did you turn the exp up on the last one ?????..

I`ve found in all the cameras i`ve owned in the past that each required a little different amount of exp comp to the positive side,,,,,next time you go out,,,,,if you ever get the chance,,,,,take three in a row,,,,,one at +.3 ,,,,,,,,one at +.7 .,,,,,and one at +1.0 or a little better,,,,,, ignore the EVF and LCD,,,,,,,they may look overexposed,,,i bet with the polarizer you have somewhere inbetween +.3 and +.7 would be perfect.....

Polarizers cut out a ton of reflections,glare,,and light,,,,they almost always need to be compensated for...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 9:14 AM   #24

The first three were in M mode so I couldn't touch the EC, but I used this setting to show people here and on Dpreview what the filter does.

The last two were on auto (with no adjustments) and I think the camera nailed that last one.
Old May 24, 2004, 10:04 AM   #25

Yes Paul,,,the last shot was really good,,,it seems the DC in auto mode does a good job of exposing with the polarizer,,,,which is good,,,because we don`t always have the time to set up in PASM modes as we would sometimes miss the shot we`re after..

Brian
Old May 24, 2004, 12:39 PM   #26

This is as big as Photobucket will allow.

Old May 24, 2004, 5:14 PM   #27

Very nice Paul,,,that`s definately a keeper,,,polarizers can do a nice job on sky shots and greenery...

Brian
Old May 25, 2004, 11:44 PM   #28

I am new to this forum, and also to the digicam scene. I just bought a Kodak 6490, without the Dock station and my wife bought one with a dock station.

I see people keep saying that the kodak adapter for this camera is not out until june. I have two of them, they came in today. They say Kodak on them and they are made in china.

Question, why are people talking 55mm filters? My lens adapter says 44 - 52. Does kodak make a 44 - 55 adapter? I put my sky filter on the adapter and I have a flower type end I screwed on. Will take some shots and share them later.

Would like an answer to the 52 versus 55mm question. Thanks butcherbaker
butcherbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2004, 1:36 AM   #29

The one that Kodak puts out and is available from B&H, Rite2U as well as other places is 44-55mm. I have it as well as the wide-angle lens which is 55mm. If you want to use the wide angle lense from Kodak you will have to purchase a 52-55mm step up ring from the same place on E-bay or some other source. If you are just going to use filters,etc, the 44-52mm one you have will work just fine with 52mm filters.

Ken Miller
kenm1 is offline   Reply With Quote