Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 14, 2004, 12:17 PM   #1

Hi!

I would like to know if it is possible to install a UV filter as lens protection on my DX 6490? If not, how can I protect the lens from scratches?

Thanks!
sdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2004, 4:36 PM   #2

At the moment you have 2 options.

1. Wait for the official lens adapter to be launched by Kodak and then get some 55mm filters. (It's got to happen soon - Maybe?)

2. Go the aftermarket route from Ebay that I and many others have already done and get either 52mm filters or get a step-up ring (52>55mm) and use 55mm filters.

Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 6:32 PM   #3

Thanks Cold Snail!

But I have a 52mm Cokin filter and it doesn't fit. Does the filter you're mentioning is a screw type filter? Is the filters for the digicam is different from SLR?
sdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 9:12 PM   #4

You need the adapter housing/tube to add filters,lense,etc,,,,,,to the DX6490,,it screws into the body,,where the lense comes out,,,then you can add these items,,,here`s a pic of the DX6490,,,,with the tube,,,,and the 0.7X wide angle lense attached to it,,,you can purchase this on e-bay,,,or wait for it to be released by Kodak,,,supposedly this month..

Brian

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/...B000205J36.jpg

Go to item # 3815882179 on e-bay to see just the adapter...

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2004, 5:27 AM   #5

hi brianhare, can i also use macro like item #3816305495 on ebay or similar? with adapter i'm buying the #3815428383 adapter, it's right?

You have a great cam+great lens!!!

I talked with kodak whis monring and said to the that accessories will be avaiable on june:evil:
simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2004, 5:40 AM   #6

Hi Simone.

It's now June is it?

The adapterhas beena long standing joke for us and some of us went the aftermarket route.

On the subject of macro lenses, I'm not sure that a lens like that would work, (but I may be wrong) I personally find the Kodak lens more than capable for macro work.

I was thinking of trying out macro filters but when you can get images like this straight from the camera, why bother?
Attached Images

Old May 18, 2004, 5:55 AM   #7

best picture!!! yes the SCHNEIDER are one of the best! personally i'm waiting for the camera (i ordered it to italy from US) and i do not try it...but your picture is AAA+++
Old May 18, 2004, 6:14 AM   #8

Thank you.

I must admit I'm not even into macro photography that much, so this shows how easy the Kodak is to use.
Some of the others hereare really into macro, wait until you see what they can do.

Old May 18, 2004, 6:16 AM   #9

ok,

talking about lens for 6490 i'll obtain for a slim circolarpolarizer, do you think that i need for other accessories? except battery, sd card, case?
Old May 18, 2004, 6:17 AM   #10

Nice photo Rick,,,,i love doing macros myself,,,i don`t think an add on will get this any better,,why toss the money away on another macro lense..

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote