Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 14, 2004, 6:44 PM   #1

Well people 2 months ago I purchased a new 6490. It came with the camera dock, but I also got the printer dock. All I can say is this camera is awesome.

I looked at almost every brand. Several reasons I chose Kodak is I have an outdated Kodak DC-50, and still works great. Also have had good results dealing with the people at Kodak. I have been taking pictures for several years, both 35 mm, and digital, BUT make no mistake, I am still a beginner, and learning. I am now going to try to take photos rather than pictures. I have 2 computer systems. The older system is 5 years old, and the new one has Windows XP. BUT again I am not a computer expert. The reason I bring this up is some have not liked the Kodak software. I myself have found this software to work great. Takes no time to download, and works well. Someone stated that they could not get their pictures in any place but the Kodak Easy Share Software. After I download, I can then put any or all the photos in my photo editing programs, and even my word processor.

Anyone wanting to take good photos with the basic knowledge can not go wrong with this camera.

Gene
teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2004, 8:05 PM   #2

Hi Gene,,,i agree with you on the ES issue,,,works great,,,i love it,,i can open Photoshop Elements 2,,,go to ES ,,,get the pic,,,fix and play with it,,,then send it right back to ES,,,and be able to find it later,,,by date,album name,,etc,,,,

Most people that have problems with it are using old outdated equipment and do not take the time to learn a new program before complaining and crying that it`s junk,,,,all programs have a learning curve,,,don`t complain when it`s not the way "YOU`D" like it..

People use forums to complain,,,hardly ever to praise,,,that`s why the bad always shows up rather than the good something does...

That`s why it`s called Easy Share,,,it`s a program and DC that almost anyone can use,,and get great pics,,,,not everyone wants to manipulate a photo for 2 hours,,,even someone like me who has had SLR equipment for years,,i too like to take nice photos without playing arround for days,,with the cam and the programs..

Kodak is going after the beginner/intermediate group of photographers,,,and even let you grow with the DC with trhe PASM options and adapters/filters you can add on later,,,i`m dying to see how they outdo my DX6490,,,woder what they`ll change/add to the DX7590 ????..

5 megs will be nice,,,what else do you think they`ll add,,,,adjustable compression???,,more options..

I`m quite sure it`ll have the new on-screen scene modes the new DX`s have,,,one touch and your winter snowshots will be exposed properly,,instead of having to adjust the exposure yourself,,,,

Brian

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 2:34 AM   #3

Hello Brian. I appreciate your reply. I read all your input on this site, and you have been a big help to me, as I am still learning. You have been doing this for sometime, and it shows.

I agree with you that most people don give the Kodak Easy Share software a chance. Let me say again that anyone who buys the 6490 will love it. A lot of camera for the price. I have even went as far as to try to make it take bad pictures with low light, as well as others things. Most still come out fairly good.

Today I tried an experment with the Kodak software. I scanned a photo in my newest photo editing program Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8. I then wanted to see if I could get the scanned photo in the Kodak Easy Share album. No problem, and worked like a charm.

Take care Brian, and will continue to watch your input, and thanks.

Gene
teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 8:56 AM   #4

teague,,,thanks,,,,and yes Kodak makes it easy,,they also make it so you can go farther too,,,like getting into PASM modes,,adding lenses/filters...makes it so you can grow with the DC ...keep posting pics,,,nice to see someone else enjoying they`re DC too here...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote