Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 27, 2004, 8:24 AM   #1

I have had my 6490 for almost 6 months and I am now ready to venture into lenses and filters for this dc. I have been reading here and in other sites about them but not sure what I should get. Do they have a "Idiots guide to lenses and adapters" hehe or could someone recommend what I should try first.I love taking my dc outdoors and getting shots of everything and anything, if this helps. Thanks so much! Kel:?
WVKAL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2004, 3:49 PM   #2

First items for you should be the adapter and a circular polarizer,,,you can add others on later,,,the 0.7x wide angle would be a great addition too.....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 4:11 PM   #3

Cool! Thank you so much! Now,,,, the mm's. I have found 44-52mm, 37 mm and a 55mm. Does this matter? This is were I seem to get confused. Thanks again!
Old May 27, 2004, 5:32 PM   #4

Get the Kodak 44>55mm adapter, add a 55mm skylight or UV filter, (to protect the lens) and a circular polarizer is a good bet too.

Don't forget a 55mm lens cap and a lens hood is a good idea as well.

Here's some demos for the different types of filters you could play with.

http://www.wolfcamera.com/webapp/wcs...ilterDemo#void

The lenses I'm waiting to see some results on first. (but I could always stitch two pictures together)
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 6:09 PM   #5

Thank You so much for all your help! I guess now its just a matter of finding who has it in stock,,,,from what I have read here alot people having a difficult time. Thanks again!
Old May 27, 2004, 7:31 PM   #6

Paul has an aftermarket adapter tube,,,do you have this ?????...if not the Kodak branded tube is 55mm,,,,just so you know,,,,,,i`m not trying to make light of the aftermarket adapter but if you are planning to buy the wide angle lense it might be to your advantage to get the Kodak tube,,as it matches perfectly,,,,,with no vignetteing of the pic...

Brian
Old May 27, 2004, 9:13 PM   #7

The accessories have been very difficult to find in stock. This week I have ordered the Wide Angle lens from Buy.com, the lens adapter from rite2u.com and the B&W Polarizer from ecost.com. I have been scrambling to get these items delivered before my upcoming vacation, and believe it or not, the photo gods smiled down upon me and I've receivedthe last of these items today.

Hopefully it will have been worth the effort. All the parts are original Kodak and fit togther perfectly. I would wait to get the original vs. ebay knock-offs and the like. Just my opinion. Good luck!
FotoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2004, 7:57 AM   #8

Brian, I am not really sure what "after market" means,,, justguessing, off brand? With not knowing that much about it, I would be kind of leary about buy anything other then what goes with the DC(Kodak). But you all have experience in this sort of thing and know what your getting. I called the place where I bought the camera, Staples, just to see if by chance they would have them, they dont carry lenses or adapters for DC, i said what? thats like selling a printer and not the cartridges,,,hehe Searched on the net, and it looks like I too will be scrambling here and there for them. Glad you were able to get your accessories Fotoman for your vacation! Happy snapping everyone and Thanks again for the advice!
Old May 28, 2004, 4:04 PM   #9

I personally don`t care when i get the accessories,,i`ve found i do not need them as bad as when i had the SLR film cameras,,,i`ll just sit,,,wait,,,,,,and get them later,,,if ever,,,for cheap,,,,,,and they will probably be out and ready when i get the next camera,,,

Brian
Old May 28, 2004, 5:58 PM   #10

Called many places and have searched many sites,,OUT OF STOCK,OUT OF STOCK,,looks like I'll be waiting as well. hehe:?