Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 29, 2004, 4:07 PM   #1

I am having trouble shooting macro shots. I am lost. Help me. I am getting very blurry and fuzzy macro shots. I am new to this. Thanks Byron
butcherbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2004, 4:41 PM   #2

Byron,,,,,the best macros with this DC are done by setting the 6490 to auto,,,then push the close-up button on top of the cam by the flash release till you see the flower icon on your LCD or EVF,,,,,try to keep the camera as still as possible,,,tripod it if necessary,,,and use the 38mm wide angle setting,,,,,,,,get as close as possible to the subject,,,i`ve gotten as close as a couple of inches,,,,the closer the better in macro mode,,,,you can zoom in but you`ll loose quality to a small degree....

Your macro shots should just fill the LCD,EVF screen,,,as the background in macro will be out of focus,,,as it`s supposed to be......

Try this,,,if you have further problems let us know,,,message me if you like,,,by the way,,,you want to get as much light as possible,,,if taking flower pics go out in the morning to do it,,,,the plants absorb water and nutrients and look much nicer in the morning than in the evening,,i know,,,,i`ve been doing macro shots for about 20+ years....you can take the DC into PASM mode if you feel comfortable,,,but with this DC it`s unnecessary as it will shoot macros all day with perfection in auto mode...

Brian

Attached Images

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 5:24 PM   #3

As Brian said the easiest way to take macros is in auto.

Here's one I took before leaving to pick up the bride this afternoon.
Attached Images

Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 5:42 PM   #4

You both are super for helping me. I will just do some practice shots in the house this evening and out to the garden in the morning. Thanks again. I imagine you mean all the way to wide angle when you said 38mm.

Thanks for all the help. I am grateful. Byron
Old May 29, 2004, 6:02 PM   #5

Yes 38mm,,,,you can zoom,,,but you will find the aperature changes,,,and shutter speed usually goes down,,,,,

After you take a shot,,,crop and enlarfe in a photo editing program,,,such as PSE2,,do you have one ???????...

With 4 megapixels you can crop and enlarge it even more than the macro setting would allow,,and that`s what i did for the bee shot,,,i actually crop most of my macros to get rid of background that is unneeded and this brings the foreground out even larger,,but if you are going to print off a macro to 11X14 like i have,,,get within inches and frame the subject well,,,then have the original untouched/uncropped version printed at a good photoshop,,,the results will really impress you..

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2004, 11:35 PM   #6

I have several photo software products. Thanks for the info.