Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 10, 2004, 1:20 PM   #1

Hi!

1st of all, i´m new in here, I´ve just received my new 6490 and i'm still getting used to. I had a dc210 and later a canon a40.

I read something somewhere sometime about compatibility between klic5000 and nokia blb-2? Am I right? Then.... a blb-2 battery could work in a 6490? Contacts position is the same in blb-2 and klic5001 and klic5000. Anyone tried?

Thanx 4 all
arioko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:22 PM   #2

Nice to see new posters here,,,,i can tell you one thing about batteries,,,if you use a cheapy,,,and it causes your new camera any problems,,,kodak will unlikely give you any warranty,,,check your manual,,,i disadvise saving a buck to ruin 100`s of dollars,,,it`s just not worth the aggrevation

The amount of pics i`ve taken with this DC would scare you,,,and i have yet to get a battery warning,,,most people easily get 300+ pics with a good amount of flash use and LCD screen use,,,i`ve done,,, tops,,,150 pics in a day with it,,,went out again,,,the next day,,,then just recharged it the second day,,,unless you are going out on a safari trip,,,,or away from power,,,you`ll unlikely need it..

I`m not saying you will never need it,,,but when you finally do you`ll wonder if it was worth getting in the first place i think.....

Just my 2 cents worth,,,you on the other hand may take more pics..i now i`ll probably never need it...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 3:34 AM   #3

brianhare wrote:
Quote:
The amount of pics i`ve taken with this DC would scare you,,,and i have yet to get a battery warning,,,most people easily get 300+ pics with a good amount of flash use and LCD screen use,,,i`ve done,,, tops,,,150 pics in a day with it,,,went out again,,,the next day,,,then just recharged it the second day,,,unless you are going out on a safari trip,,,,or away from power,,,you`ll unlikely need it..
Thanks for your reply. All I´ve read about this camera goes in that I surely won´t need another battery. The question with the BLB2 is that I have 2 batteries for my old nokia phones, and I could carry one in the bag for an emergency. I´ll go Egypt in October and I don´t know if the battery will last a full day or two charged.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 5:12 AM   #4

arioko wrote:
Quote:
I´ll go Egypt in October and I don´t know if the battery will last a full day or two charged.

It won't.

You will be using the camera a lot there, it's amazing how quickly 300 shots are taken, if you don't use the screen or review any pictures maybe it could stretch to 450, but then that is getting close to filling a 512mb card anyway.

Expect a 256mb to give you around 250 shots on "Best" setting and the battery warning to come on around the same time.

Get the second 1700mahbattery and Kodak charger and at least you won't have to lug that big dock around.

The mobile phone battery probably would give you less performance so I wouldn't depend on it.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 5:54 AM   #5

Cold Snail wrote:
Quote:
It won't.

You will be using the camera a lot there, it's amazing how quickly 300 shots are taken, if you don't use the screen or review any pictures maybe it could stretch to 450, but then that is getting close to filling a 512mb card anyway.

Expect a 256mb to give you around 250 shots on "Best" setting and the battery warning to come on around the same time.

Get the second 1700mahbattery and Kodak charger and at least you won't have to lug that big dock around.

The mobile phone battery probably would give you less performance so I wouldn't depend on it.
Thanks 4 replying

I don´t think i´ll take 200 photos a day (my last trip to Rome I shot about 280-300 in 4 days, with the Canon A40 and rechargable AAs). By now I have only 2 128mb SD and 2 16mb MMC (and the 16mb internal) but I´ll buy a 256mb before going (or 512 if they drop prices).

About the mobile battery, it was only 4 an emergency, to end a day of photos before recharging by night.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 6:24 AM   #6

If the battery is exactly the same size,,,contacts in the same place,voltage the same ,etc,,you could risk it,,,i wouldn`t though..

But if you are taking a once in a lifetime trip like that,,,i`d get the battery then,,,wouldn`t take the chance,,,and i`d bring extra cards,,,or a lap top to empty the ones you have,,,you still will probably not need the extra battery,,,but on a trip like that,,,,,,you might.......

You`d be pretty upset if you turned it on and it was dead on a trip like that,,,under normal use though,,,close to power outlets,,,i`d take the chance..

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote