Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 23, 2004, 7:52 PM   #1

Here`s a new pic i thought i`d post since it`s so dead here,,,got to keep it alive,,,,,

Brian

Attached Images

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2004, 8:16 PM   #2

Very nice Brian, is this the polarised version?

You just wait until you get this flash gun, then your burst mode will be having some serious abuse.

Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:06 PM   #3

No,,,i didn`t use the Nik filters on this,,,,and you better not send that flash Paul,,,

Brian
Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:54 PM   #4

Brian, that is a beautiful shot of what appears to be a Ruby-Throated Hummingbird!

Could you let me know what camera and lens you took the picture with and how you were able to stop the action so well? In fact, there's a dedicated group of people that love to photograph birds that post in the Wildlife section of these forums who would love to see this photo - why don't you repost it there?
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 9:19 AM   #5

Well, i did not know about a wildlife forum here,,,,,i`ll see if i can find it,,,,

Here`s the same pic with a Nik polarizer filter added,,,for those unfamiliar with Nik filters,,,it`s an add on to PSE2.0 that applies filters digitally,,,and yes,,,it really works well..

Thanks Geoff,,i`ll check it out..

I haven`t been able to get exactly what i wanted yet,,,but what i`ve been doing is taking upward shots of them to get in the really bright background,,,that drives the shutter speed up,,,then i use fill flash to lighten the bird,,,I use the DX6490,,,,,,set on S mode,,,1/1000 sec,f 6.3,,,at 139mm,,ISO 80,,,with the flash set to compulsory,,,,.

With a really bright early morning,,,,sun almost right in your face,,with flash i may get up to 1/1700 sec,,you really need more than 1/1000 to get it perfect,,,but the flash may not synch at that speed,,,,do not know yet..

Brian

Attached Images