Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:12 PM   #11

I have theKodak DX4530I have been reading everything and am still quite lost.I am trying to learn how to take close-ups ofWatch Movements and the small gears inside the movements. Also many very small parts of different watches. Even the screws in watches that are only the size of apinhead. They look huge in an eye loupe, but try getting a picture of one!!:lol:

I do have the adapter, and 2 extra lenses, the 7x and the 10x. Whencombined, they will give me 17x,that according to Kodak, I should be able to usefor the close-ups Iam trying to take. I think I will be able to get it, if I can figure out how to use it.Evidently my brain will just not get itself together when it comes to digital.

I am quite good at learning, however I get seriously confused with trying to figure it out. I even got stumped on getting the date on the thing. Can you believe that?!!

I have been advised, to use the small tripod I got with the camera, to take the pictures, and that's about all I know to do. I read the instructions and they just freeze my brain. I get nowhere.

After reading all the modes, and exceptions, and sruff, I am only more confused. I only have experience with loading real film, in a regular camera, and shooting real pictures, that I get back from the processors. Eventually!

If you could help me do JUST ONE THING RIGHT, it sure would be wonderful. I have never had this much trouble learning anything in my life. It doesn't even need to be the real close-up pictures either, just ONE GOOD regular picture would be fine. I would start with a regular pocket watch picture and go from there.

I won't even talk about the program yet. I have gotten a couple pictures on it and still have no idea how to even put them into an album yet.

I alsohave the Easy Dock 4000and all I can do with that is place the camera on it and wait until I learn the camera. I only have theinternalstorage for now, will get a card soon,and plan on getting more batteries too. Well, that's about everything.

Just one hint at how to take a close-up would be heaven.

Give Maggie a hug for me, and don't get too close to her, if she hasn't eaten herrabbit yet! :lol:

Sheila

Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:54 PM   #12

Wow Sheila... that sounds like taking pictures of coins. Really intricate and complicated.

See, Maggie's head isalmost 3 inches long so that's easy to photograph. Smaller objects and intricate objects I think would definately require external lenses... I'm after those aswell but I have no idea where to start looking for them, since Kodak only makes the telephoto and wide angle lenses for my camera.

I guess for you Sheila it's going to be trial and error. Just play with it until you're satisfied. Honestly, I don't know what else to say.

What you need is a super macro mode where you can get with in a centimetre or two and get REALLY close up shots.

As for giving Maggie a hug... well, she hugs me and she hugs hard when she wants to! I'll get your more pictures of her if you want. Or if you have a nice phobia of spiders, I can get you pictures of them too.

Steve

LINEBACKER 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 1:08 AM   #13

Hey Steve, See what I mean! it is a challenge, but I will stick with it until I win. I did tell Kodakwhat I was trying to do, and they wrote back to tell me which one to buy, so I feel pretty good about it being ok for the job. Kodak does answer your questions, that's for sure.

Wow you have the camera that I was going to buy before I found out that I needed the one I got. Your camera has a lot of advantages, and makes for some great pictures that's for sure. You even have a long video mode with that one right? You have the 6 mp too. Nice size! Others seem to really like that camera, so unless you want it to perk your coffee, you have nothing to worry about. I think youa winner.

Trial and error is the way to go for sure, and before writing you back, I did play with it some. I think it's just having someone to tell me that I am not going to go crazy while figuring it out, that is what I needed. Seems to make me less nuts:lol:

I CAN get REAL close with these lenses, and it should work, if I stay cool long enough to work with it.

I would actually LIKE to see some more pictures of Maggie. I'm not sure of the spiders~~~~ well, OK! But not TOO creepy. I like the one of Maggie, but spiders may be hard to deal with so take it EASY.

Show me one of Maggie in all her Glory, one that shows ALL of her. As far as the spider goes, make it an itty bitty one. :? Slow is best. :lol:

NO EYEBALLS glaring at me please.:lol:

Looking forward to seeing them. As for now, it's after 2 a.m. and I have a tonof stuff to do, so I will check back tomorrow.Make sure Maggie has her beauty sleep, and take great pictures of her. See ya tomorrow, oops, later today!

Did I say yes to spiders? ~~~~~~ oooo what did I do?!!!
Old Aug 17, 2004, 6:58 PM   #14

Okay, no glaring shots of tarantula eyeballs and I'll start out with something that's friendly. Anyways Sheila, I sent you a private message so I can send you some pictures without flooding the message boards.

I'll try to get a picture of Maggie hugging me. Depends on how she reacts when I try to pick her up. Usually she's not too bad.

Anyways, I'll talk to you soon.

Steve

LINEBACKER 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 3:00 AM   #15

Hey Steve,

Well, it's been a while, but both of my computers went down, and it took me this long to do everything I had to, to be up and running again. Sorry it took so long, but all my "everything" had to be reinstalled,what a mess! Then I had to work on a ton of stuff before I could have some fun again. Sorry.

How are You and Maggie doing? Hope all is well!

Let me know if you getthis.

Sheila

PS I am getting better at pictures, and the close-ups are improving. As soon as I get the Photo program reinstalledI will put some pictures up in here.

The computer I am on now still doesn't have sound or printing yet. Man I hate all the new stuff that messes with your computer. I think we did better with DOS!!!