Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:20 AM   #11

This is from a 6490 with no flash and full auto. It was done offhand and was not posed. I have found that on tight shots like the one of the dog, that sometimes it does a better job in macro mode. I hope this helps, because I'd hate to see someone give up on such a good camera.

BigDawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:20 AM   #12

Well I wait for the green but some of the photos are stilly blurry. I was at a friends Son's Birthday party and took some photos.. some were very clear and others we slightly out of focus and this is with waiting for the green to come on and also some taken using the timer..
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:22 AM   #13

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
This is from a 6490 with no flash and full auto. It was done offhand and was not posed. I have found that on tight shots like the one of the dog, that sometimes it does a better job in macro mode. I hope this helps, because I'd hate to see someone give up on such a good camera.

BigDawg
Well I look at your photo and it looks a little blurry..
hmmmm.. I do love the camera but my Canon Poweshot 2.1 MP camera seemed to take better shots EVERY time without any blurry ones. I do realize the size of the zoon is making a difference on the blurry shots if you shake but I tent to get a bunch of blurry shots every time i use the camera no matter how steady I am with the unit

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:56 AM   #14

I've had my 6490 for over a year and at first there were problems with blurry pics. Unless you have a very steady hand when using the zoom, it will blur. That is true with a standard SLR as well.I picked up a monopod from B&H Photo for about $30 and resolved the issue. It takes some getting used to, but I pretty much use a monopod except for general point and shoot pics. It's pretty much second nature for me to use the monopod. It's easy to use, portable,and is adjustable quickly. It is a Velbon UP-43. My wife shot a picture using high zoom on the Easter Renegade shot using the monopod on another postI made. You may want to try making certain you concentrate on holding the camera steady and clicking the shutter release smoothly. Since I'm a caffeine addict this proves to be difficult.

Terry

tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:02 PM   #15

I'm not sure what to tell ya. Here is one more pointer that might help. As soon as the green focusing box comes on do you snap the picture right away? Sometimes it take a second or two after the green focusing box comes up for the camera to fully focus. I wait for the green focusing box to come up and then I look at the LCD screen to make sure its clear...then I take the picture. If it's not the way I want it then I let up and do it again. My best pictures that I have taken have come from Kodak 6490. It does a superb job in macro mode. Don't give up on the camera just yet. You will get it down and when you do, you will be very pleased. Here are a few shots that I have taken recently.

Attached Images

Johnnytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:06 PM   #16

Wisteria.

Attached Images

Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:07 PM   #17

Lilly.
Attached Images

Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:54 AM   #18

I think this is pretty sharp

And so are these:

The last one is an indoor shot of a stage performance from about 20-30 metres away. Darkened hall, no flash allowed. Of course, this is the best of over 100 pix I took with the DX 7590 - basically an upgraded DX 6490 with some extra features.

Used manual for the last shot and auto for the rest.
Mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 4:59 AM   #19

I am new here and have only had my 6490 for a couple of weeks, but here is something I have found that helps the clarity of my picture; using the viewfinder, instead of the LCD. I dabbled in SLR photography many years ago and for all picture taking, but zoom in particular, the viewfinder just feels more right and allows me to make a steadier platform for the camera. I have taken a fewhandheld full zoom shots of birds and flowers in the backyard and all of them have come out very clear. All were in the automode, as well. I have read several complaints about blurriness at full zoom and handheld, but I think it comes down to technique. And if you can learn to take clear zoom shots, regular pics should be no problem. Just keep working with it.

Robert
gpz2zrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 7:33 AM   #20

Hi, jett316

I think you should make sure you do the following, like the other members advised:

- press the button half way down,
- wait for the green light to come on
- look at the LCD screen to make sure the focussed picture is clear
- take the shot without trying to move te camera for 1 sec.

That's the way I take my pics with the DX6490.
It's an awesome camera!!

PS: Have you checked your picture quality settings??

bedde is offline   Reply With Quote