Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 20, 2004, 7:09 PM   #1

Hmm there's about a $15 USD difference between the two. which would you recommend is better? The only thing holding me back form the ls right now is that it doesn't take nihm batteries but expensive priporiety batteries :s
eliteblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2004, 8:00 PM   #2

Yes it takes lkithium ion batteries which are good to about 300 shots before dead,,,they get no memory either,,the 6490 has them too i love them,,wouldn`t want anything but now,,,as for which to buy the LS is small,,,very nice for carrying,,and everyone i know loves them..

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 11:25 PM   #3

would that be better than 2 3200 mah batteries than? the most I would use is two sets of batteries of nihm so if it lasts that long i 'll be happy. i'm worried that the 300 shots are with limited or no LCD usage :s we all know that everyone uses the LCD these days...

is the LS a better camera overall tho?
Old Aug 21, 2004, 8:23 PM   #4

Well i`m not going to get into a debate which is best.....but kodak makes 3 lines of DC`s,,,the CX ,LS,DX...and the options and quality goes up with each line...price does too though...

Now i`ve heard lots of people get well over 300 shots with lots of flash and LCD use and also slideshows before the battery dies,,depends on the amount of flash and file sizes captured...

A lot of people have complained about the litium ion batteries before owning a kodak but soon stopped,,because they are that good,,,and smaller so the size of the DC can be kept within reason...you will have no problems with either DC and the batteries are great in the LS...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2004, 8:38 PM   #5

hmm k.. cuz hte price difference is like nothign hehe (at 20% discount)