Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 4, 2004, 2:07 PM   #11

Hi there;

Bracketing means to take more than one shot of a subject, using settings above and below the metered exposure or shutter speed. This means you'll take several shots and (usually) get one that is usable.

The "shaky" hand means that your shutterspeed is too slow for the available light or zoom settings. Consider a different setting, use a tripod, or hold the camera very still.

All the best,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2004, 2:15 PM   #12

This has been cropped and resized.

Attached Images

LosEndos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:54 AM   #13

see the output of a photo enlargement program i have used with great success called imagener. you can find it here: http://www.kneson.com/Products/Image..._unlimited.jpg. hope this helps! -dh

Tom Overton wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys;

Great shot, Brian!

I don't know if this qualifies as a macro shot or not. I was in macro mode, shooting from about 15 feet away, using a tcon-17. (wasn't that your trick, Brian?) The morning sun was hitting the flowers just right, but the background was still in shade and is horribly under-exposed. Still, I like it. I find more and more that I'm attracted to certain qualities in my "bad" pics.

BTW the shot is at f3.6, at 1/750 sec.

Still making mistakes,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
donhdefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:55 AM   #14

be careful how you enlarge digital pictures. Photoshop is inferior for enlarging digital images. i truly believe that imagener is superior. see this: http://photoenlargement.imagener.com
. i have used one photo enlargement program with great success called imagener. you can find it here: http://www.imagener.com. hope this helps! -dh
donhdefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 8:54 AM   #15

Tom Overton wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys;

I find more and more that I'm attracted to certain qualities in my "bad" pics.
Tom, I don't know what you could possibly find "bad" about this shot. I aspire to this level of amatuer photography. It is a beautiful photograph and looks like it was taken by a professional. Keep up the experimentation! And keep sharing with us. Thanks.

RC
Rochchacha chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:13 PM   #16

heres a little photo i took in macro mode on top of a hill were i fly my planes. bit different to yours but i still think it has a nice look.
Attached Images

wardenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:13 PM   #17

heres a little photo i took in macro mode on top of a hill were i fly my planes. bit different to yours but i still think it has a nice look.
Attached Images

Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:15 PM   #18

heres a shot in macro mode tell me what you all think bit different style, but i think it comes across nice it was taken on top of a hill were i fly my planes.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:15 PM   #19

heres a shot in macro mode tell me what you all think bit different style, but i think it comes across nice it was taken on top of a hill were i fly my planes.
Attached Images

Old Dec 29, 2004, 3:37 PM   #20

I totally agree with you on photoshop's ability to enlarge pics. I know that it will make the enlarged images look pixelated and stuff. I think there is a way to do it correctly in photoshop, since its such an advanced software, but I haven't found the right method yet. I currently enlarge in psp 9 and will imagener a try.
leon718 is offline   Reply With Quote