Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 15, 2004, 3:41 PM   #1

First I want to thank all you folks for helping me narrow down my search for a new camera.Ordered the dx7590 from Dell ($449 after 10%off sale)Received it in 3 days(even though I'm still waiting for Kodak to notify me its available)Now let me say this is my first real camera and I really dont know what I;m doing but I LOVE this camera.Very impressed with the detail in photos,the zoom is amazing and its simple enough for me to work. I've played a little with the video and am very happy with that also.I'll send more details when i get a chance.Also...sometimes the autofocus doesnt fails ( a little moving or changing angles etc seems to fix that) can someone tell me why that is? ThanksDan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2004, 3:35 PM   #2

You can change your auto focus to pay more attention to the center of the picture but you have to put it in program mode not auto.
dos0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 4:00 AM   #3

Congrats.

Just bought my wife the same camera. Bought it in a bundle with the 6000 printer dock. Got the whole thing with two 128 meg memory cards for $904 Australian. Considering just the camera retails for $899 I thought we did pretty good.

Was supposed to get the 6490 but the gal at the electronics store screwed up and packed the 7590 into the bundle case from her display. She didn't realize what she'd done and neither did we until after we got home. Tried to return the camera for the right model (even though I by this time knew the 7590 was a much more advanced camera) but were told not to bother. Apparently it's store policy in cases like this to let the consumer keep the better item.

It really is a wonderful camera and even though we spent a bit more than I would have liked it'll keep us very happy for several years.
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 4:16 PM   #4

Sounds like you got a great deal Herbie.The more I use this camera the more I like it.I'm curious as to the printer dock. Let me know how you like it.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote