Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 22, 2004, 1:46 AM   #1

I just bought the lenses for the 7440, the telephoto and wide angle, as well as the adapter and I just wanted to say they really make the camera more versitile, just thought I would share, btw, i bought them from digitallyunique.net standard shipping, and they arrived the very next day, i thought that was impressive. I know i'm in philadelphia and that's a major city in the preholiday time when things are just about to pick up so maybe i just lucked out. Lots of pics to come of upstate PA tomorrow.
tancredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2004, 11:01 PM   #2

Hi Tancredi,

I am about to buy these lenses myself in the next week or so (just got a promotion, so need to wait for the new paychecks to start rolling in and rent is next week), and I'm wondering one thing about the telephoto lens(plural perhaps?). Did you buy the telephoto KIT, or did you buy the single lens ? There's not a whole lot of a price difference between the two (10 bucks perhaps?) and I'm wondering what the extra things are which come in the kit. Do you (or anyone else here) have any idea as to what they are ? It looks like a 3 piece set.

I"m pretty sure that I"ll be getting the macro lense with them too. Might as well get all there are right ?

Happy shooting,
Doug
Sweet Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 8:28 PM   #3

Well, I bought the Telephoto lense "kit" and the macro lenses tonight from digitally unique. I never did find out about what's in the "kit", but I'm assuming that from some descriptions on other sites, that they included the actual lense adaptor which enables you to use all the other lenses. If I'm wrong, then it seems a waste. Ah well, I'll report back in a couple days when it gets here.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 6:26 AM   #4

I am curious about what happens with the camera when one of these lenses is attached and you turn the camera off. I assume you have to remove the lenses first. What happens if you don't. Does the camera jam?
fgreenhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 7:14 AM   #5

Fred,,the adapter actually screws into the body of the camera...the lense will plunge inside the adapter tube like normal,,you can actually leave the adapter on all the time and put a 1a filter on the adapter tube to protect the lense when not in use if a person wants......:?:idea::shock::evil:

Oh and Fred you must use an external flash with the 6490/7590 as the tube blocks the sensor..... :|

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 10:47 AM   #6

Ah-- I see. I assume all this would also apply to the 7440.

Thank you.
fgreenhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 12:51 PM   #7

I'm hoping that the lenses arrive at my job today *crosses fingers*. Hmm, if the lense is able to be left on, am I to assume that the diamater of the barrel is the same all accross the body ? Guess I'll have to see that one for myself.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 7:39 PM   #8

Yes Fred,,an adapteris available for your DC,,,and attaches the same way....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 5:51 PM   #9

Fred,

I'm very happy with the adapter and both lenses on the 7440. The tele lens must be used at about full tele or there will be severe vignetting; the wide angle is good throughout the zoom range.

Another thing, the WA lens needs a hood in some situations and I've not yet found one.
jdm124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 1:25 AM   #10

jdm124 wrote:
Quote:
Fred,

I'm very happy with the adapter and both lenses on the 7440. The tele lens must be used at about full tele or there will be severe vignetting; the wide angle is good throughout the zoom range.

Another thing, the WA lens needs a hood in some situations and I've not yet found one.
Damn, you're not kidding when you say severe vignetting man ! I got the lenses a few days ago, and got some shots off finally yesterday. I love the macro lenses, and the telephoto is really cool, but if you don't zoom out about at least 3 clicks, the vignetting is really bad and renders the initial zoom useless unless you do some serious cropping.

Aside from that, it's really cool to have the added zoom. They feel really solid, and fit quite nicely. BTW, if anyone has use for an 34 to 37 MM adaptor, PM me. The tele lense kit came with the adaptor for my 7440, and another which fits another model (the 34mm one). All I'll ask for is shipping $ and it's yours. If you live in the City, and want to avoid shipping that would be even better.

Doug.
Attached Images