Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 22, 2004, 3:50 AM   #1

Hello all, I'm the proud new purchaser of a DX7590 on it's way to me from NYC. Hopefully it will be here by next Monday the 25th. This will be my first digital camera and my first camera that has an array of adjustments. I have never used anything but a point and shoot before. I plan on doing a lot of learing and hope that you good people will help me along.

I started to buy the 6490 at my local Costco and was going to get a great deal on it at USD 329, it was the display model. When I went to pay for it they couldn't find the box or the dock or anything else for that matter so I didn't buy it. I started looking around, here included and found the 7590. Did a lot of research and reading and decided to buy it instead. It has some nice improvements over the 6490. Now I just need to learn how to use them:-)

Thanks a bunch!

MikeS.

MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2004, 6:14 AM   #2

Mike

Welcome. One of the greatest things about Kodak (Ihave the 7590) is that you can start taking great pics right out of the box. They are super easy user friendly cams to operate. I look forward to seeing your work.
trtjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 12:15 AM   #3

Thanks trtjazz. I got the camera Friday but unfortunately too late to do more then plug it in for a charge before having to go to work.
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 6:35 AM   #4

Mike

Congrats on the 7590. You're going to love it, I love mine and it's a great camera and a no brainer to use. Takes excellent pics out of the box on rock & roll (auto). I look forward to seeing some of your pics with it.

Don't ya' hate that? I told my wife yesterday, a watched battery never charges. :-)

trtjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 9:33 AM   #5

MikeS. wrote:
Quote:
I started looking around, here included and found the 7590. Did a lot of research and reading and decided to buy it instead. It has some nice improvements over the 6490. Now I just need to learn how to use them:-)
That's great, Mike. Now we're going to count on you and Terry to tell us all about it. Post some pictures when you can.

Regards, Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote