Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 31, 2004, 10:45 PM   #1

I sold all my film stuff to go digital in the mean time I had the 6490 to use and have really sharpened my eye. all the pics here...... http://www.allstargym.net/index.php?...oSectionID=905

Are taken with the 6490

I am keeping it and going back to my N90s film for fun
1texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2004, 6:48 AM   #2

Hi there, Tex;

Nice work. Generally nice and clear. A bit of typical motion blur... not bad, considering the lighting situation. The 6490 tends to be a little soft in any case. That one young girl looks to be in a bit of pain. :O

Question: were these taken with the built-in flash, or are you using some extra equipment here? Your results are quite well lit.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 12:55 PM   #3

Dear 1texan:

I am brand new to this forum and after tons of research I have decided to purchase the Kodak 7590 ( looking at various websites today) to do exactly what your photos were of - my daughter doing competitive cheerleading. Also will be taking shots of my son and daughter doing soccer, basketball etc. If you had to do it over would you still buy the Kodak 6490 and are you happy with the quality of sharpness with your action shots?

If anyone could PLEASE recommend a reputable website from which to purchase the Kodak 7590 that would be appreciated. I have spent a lot of time reading reviews and it appears even websites that are recommended do not the best reputation when you dig deep. Seems like many websites are located in the same place - Brooklyn NY with prior buyers saying they think the cameras are from the gray market. I was going to purchase from Starlight or Butterfly until I dug deep into reviews and saw some interesting comments. Many people were saying that many of the good reviews you see are from same person from that company.

Thanks!

Dot

dotmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 1:28 PM   #4

Hi Dot;

Check out www.bhphotvideo.com or www.adorama.com they both have a good reputation in the business. You are wise to stay away from grey-market vendors.

Regards,

Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 1:57 PM   #5

I have used BH Photo for many items over last 15 years with never a problem. They are highly recommended by many photographers over the years. They are professional and not a rip-off. BHphotovideo.com Art
CaptMcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 2:05 PM   #6

Tom:

Thanks for the recomendations, looks like adorama has the best price by about $20 bucks, without shipping is $439.95 with 14 bucks for shipping and no tax. I plan to order the 7590 this evening.

Thanks again

Dot
dotmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 3:05 PM   #7

Hi Dot I've had my dx7590 for about 6 weeks now and I love it.I'm sure you'll be happy with it.I've taken many short videos with it of nephews playing football and the results were very good.Makes it handy to be able to do both with one camera.You may want a large size memory card if you plan on video. A Sandisk 512 has worked fine for me.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 5:57 PM   #8

Nice series, 1Texan

Welcome to the forum!

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:38 PM   #9

Tom Overton wrote:
Quote:
Hi there, Tex;

Nice work. Generally nice and clear. A bit of typical motion blur... not bad, considering the lighting situation. The 6490 tends to be a little soft in any case. That one young girl looks to be in a bit of pain. :O

Question: were these taken with the built-in flash, or are you using some extra equipment here? Your results are quite well lit.

Regards,

no help at all no flash!!!! dark arena! lit stage 75yards away
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:40 PM   #10

dotmom wrote:
Quote:
Dear 1texan:

I am brand new to this forum and after tons of research I have decided to purchase the Kodak 7590 ( looking at various websites today) to do exactly what your photos were of - my daughter doing competitive cheerleading. Also will be taking shots of my son and daughter doing soccer, basketball etc. If you had to do it over would you still buy the Kodak 6490 and are you happy with the quality of sharpness with your action shots?

If anyone could PLEASE recommend a reputable website from which to purchase the Kodak 7590 that would be appreciated. I have spent a lot of time reading reviews and it appears even websites that are recommended do not the best reputation when you dig deep. Seems like many websites are located in the same place - Brooklyn NY with prior buyers saying they think the cameras are from the gray market. I was going to purchase from Starlight or Butterfly until I dug deep into reviews and saw some interesting comments. Many people were saying that many of the good reviews you see are from same person from that company.

Thanks!

Dot

I dont regreet it at all. Day time photos are awesome and sports photos come easy! Get it!