Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 7, 2004, 6:57 PM   #1

Hi

I am having Kodak Dx 6490. and a normal user so do not much about camera settings and tricks. all the time taking pic in default mode

But when ever i am taking pics in night mode with flash in night where some building is there in background with lots of light etc then all my pics are coming blured, i dont know why its happing like this. if i dont use flash then pic is ok but the person face is not clear

is there any thing special whch i shd take care while taking pics in night of a person with a building background ? pls share some ideas

Cheers !!!

Dinesh
dineshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2004, 6:58 PM   #2

dineshb wrote:
Quote:
Hi

I am having Kodak Dx 6490. and a normal user so do not much about camera settings and tricks. all the time taking pic in default mode

But when ever i am taking pics in night mode with flash in night where some building is there in background with lots of light etc then all my pics are coming blured, i dont know why its happing like this. if i dont use flash then pic is ok but the person face is not clear

is there any thing special whch i shd take care while taking pics in night of a person with a building background ? pls share some ideas

Cheers !!!

Dinesh
dineshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2004, 7:45 PM   #3

If you use night mode with flash,,the shutter speed will be low,,,you must use a tripod unless you are very steadyand tell the person to stay still a few seconds..

If you do not use flash and there is a little light use one off the PASM modes....use the shutter priority mode,,,,and take a few pics while increasing the length of time the shutter is open,,,,,when you see in the LCD preview after a shot that the shutter speed is right then get your subject to stay still for that length of time..

It`s hard to tell you what shutter speed to use,,it depends entirely one the light available,,,you`ll have to just try and try again till you get what you want.....

If you are taking a flash shot the person must be within 10 feet for the flash to do it`s job,,,anything over that 10 feet will be darker....

Brian

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2004, 7:02 AM   #4

Play with M mode and you will get the best from the camera.

The only problem is if the person moves.

Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote