Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:27 PM   #1

Hi folks;

I reicieved an interesting email today, inviting me to take part in a Harris Poll on the effectiveness of Kodak's email support system. This was in specific response to one of my earlier inquiries, but if you're interested, give it a try.

http://hpolsurveys.com/W21286f.htm?id=595152370&pwd=0216

I mentioned the difficulty of actually contacting Kodak support. I mentioned Kodak's endless (and pointless) loops that often circle a question but never seem to land. I mentioned my best resource... stevesforums.com and how answers are more likely to be found here than there. We shall see what response I get. (my apologies to anyone listening who works for Kodak, no offense intended)

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:54 AM   #2

I agree. Kodak's online support is just terrible.

I don't even bother writing them anymore. I just come here.

Steve

LINEBACKER 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 5:52 AM   #3

There must be problems in some parts of the world but not in others, here in Australia I have found Kodak after sales service and camera repair to be first class, they cannot do enough to help their clients.

Twenty Fiveyears as a Pro Wedding photographerand up until April this year I did six years part time camera sales work, thisproved to me that Kodak in this country have done the right thing by their customers.

Maybe we get better service and support because our market is very small compared to other parts of the world.

Regards

Dave

Downunder.
OldShutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:19 AM   #4

I can only speak as far as my personal experience with Kodak is concerned. I have not had a need for repair but I have sent emails and phoned questions regarding my camera. I have received speedy and useful answers in each case.
fgreenhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 5:05 PM   #5

Hi! I purchased a DX6340 in Feb 2004. It stopped working in Sept. I followed the instructions on the Kodak website and sent the camera to the repair service indicated by Kodak. I then received a letter from the repair service stating that there was corrosion damage and the repair would not be covered by the warranty.There was no reason for corrosion and I sent an email to Kodak on 11/8. The only response I received was the automated acknowledgement . I emailed them again on 11/18-same response. Any ideas what I should do next?
ellenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 12:43 AM   #6

ellenh wrote:
Quote:
Hi! I purchased a DX6340 in Feb 2004. It stopped working in Sept. I followed the instructions on the Kodak website and sent the camera to the repair service indicated by Kodak. I then received a letter from the repair service stating that there was corrosion damage and the repair would not be covered by the warranty.There was no reason for corrosion and I sent an email to Kodak on 11/8. The only response I received was the automated acknowledgement . I emailed them again on 11/18-same response. Any ideas what I should do next?
Ron Baird ofEastman Kodakfollows the newsgroup rec.photo.digital

Post a message to his attentionin there.

ie: Subject: Attn Ron Baird - trouble with DX6340 warranty repairs.

He will find your message during weekdays and is very helpful.

zw
zomby_woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:01 PM   #7

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I'll let you know if I get a response.
ellenh is offline   Reply With Quote