Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 6, 2004, 3:27 PM   #1

I would like to get the dock 6000 for my DX7440 camera but would first like to hear from anybody out there that has it. Do you like it? I had the dock II a while back for my old CX4310 and it did a terrible job at charging the battery. Does the dock 6000 charge the Li-ion batteries (like what's in the DX7440) just as well as the charger that comes with the camera? The major reason I want the dock is for transferring pictures to the PC; I'm kind of tired of lifting up that side rubber flap and trying to feed that small USB connector into the camera port, and kind of worry that the rubber flap is going to wear out and split from all the movement.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
ortred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:24 PM   #2

The older Kodaks had crummy batteries at best,,these new lithium ion cells are excellent batteries....the older DC`s on the docks were a problem because people bought batteries that were higher in miliamps,,,and the slow charging docks were timed for the lesser batteries,,,in short the charger shut off before the batteries were anywheres near fully charged..

I have the DX6490,,,and the 6000 dock,,,,,and i will say this,,,i will never get another camera without the dock or lithium batteries,,,when you place the DC on the dock there are three lights to show you how much charge is left in the batteries,,,when all three are lit ,,,it is fully charged,,,with no if`s,,and`s,,,or maybe`s........Kodak did a really nice job matching this pair up.....and all you do is hit the large transfer button ands it loads all your pics right into Easy Share.....while it`s charging for you.....

You will definately not be unhappy with the dock,,,i guarrantee it !!!!!!..

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:24 PM   #3

Weird,,,i hit enter at the end of the last post and ended up with three identical posts,,,,so i`ve deleted the other 2,,,lol

Brian
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:24 PM   #4

So,,since i can`t seem to delete this whole reply i`ll add that i also take my dock and the AC adapter that powers it,,,on vacation,,,and just sit the lot on the table by the bed at the hotel,,,it holds it up where i can find it,,,and charges the battery too,,,sweet setup.....

Brian
Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:26 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply; after a review like that I can't help but buy one now! Glad to hear they are better than my old setup.

Two more questions for you:

-Can you leave the camera on the dock all the time to maintain its charge, or is that bad for the camera/battery?

-Do you know what company has the best price for this dock?

Thanks again for all your help,

Jason
Old Dec 7, 2004, 6:02 PM   #6

As for price,,,you`ll have to shop arround,,,but i`ve left my 6490 on the dock over a year,,,it`s used a little daily to a lot daily,,,no problems......i`ve heard the battery will last longer if you remove it after it`s fully charged but i think that`s a load of dung.....

The way i see it,,,if i get over a year with the convience of leaving it on the dock when i feel like it from the battery,,,then who cares,,,the batteries are not expensive,,,can be bought 2 at a time cheap on e-bay......so if it dies i`ll throw the old battery to the curb and put in a fresh one.....

That`s what i call the Easy Share system,,,no fuss, no muss,,who cares have fun.....

Brian
Old Dec 8, 2004, 1:09 AM   #7

Thanks again for all your help.

-Jason
Old Dec 8, 2004, 8:21 PM   #8

Jason, I have a DX7440 and the camera dock 6000. I have a G4 iMac with a 15" flat panel screen. I have the EasyShare software and iPhoto on my computer. If I need to Photoshop an image I e-mail it to myself at work (one of these days I'll get around to getting PS on my computer at home). It is all very simple and painless (except PS, which is fun and very, very useful, but not necessarily painless). With the camera and dock you barely have to think about what you are doing when transferring photos and charging the battery. You can reserve the brainpower for learning to use the manual adjustments on your camera and for post processing.
:|
Rochchacha chick is offline   Reply With Quote