Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 18, 2004, 10:28 AM   #1
rav

This might just be a case me not knowing how to use my camera properly but the autofcous seems to be not working properly. In auto mode almost half the pictures i take are out of focus. When I hold the button down I can see it focus to the point of clarity then go past it and settle on a slightly blurred image. Sometimes I have to re press trhe button multiple times to try and get it to focus properly.

Have I got some settings wrong or could this be a fault?
rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2004, 6:38 AM   #2

Hi Rav,

Welcome to the forum

Make sure that you have not accidently set your camera to macro mode (flower symbol on top).

If you are trying to shoot any shot over a few inches in macro mode, the symptoms you describe could occur.

Check out pages 23,24 and 36 in your manual.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 7:04 PM   #3
rav

Hi dcf thanks for the welcome.

I looked on the camera and was not in macro mode, also read the manual through again and couldnt find anything that might indicate the cause so not really sure.
rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 8:43 PM   #4
Administrator

Have you taken pictures and then looked at them on the PC screen or are you just judging what you see in the viewfinder? Have you set the dioptric adjustment on the viewfinder so that the overlay info is sharp and clear? If yes, then it probably is a camera problem and I would recommend getting a replacement.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:15 PM   #5

I have to agree with Steeve,,if this only happens in low light and not all the time,,,then it may be normal,,,,the 7590 need contrast in the image to focus well,,,but in the 13000 pics i`ve taken with the DX6490,, which is basically the same camera plus a few extras,,i`ve rarely had a focus issue...and when i do it`s usually zooming and in low light...

If you take pictures in normal outdoor lighting and get the same,you have a defective camera and as Steeve say`s,,take it back for a new one or send it in under warranty..

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 12:32 AM   #6

Greetings,
I'm new to the forum, but I saw this post on the 7590 which I wanted desperately for Xmas and got. Unfortunately I gave up my DC290 which I loved and have not taken as good of indoor photos yet after 4 days of trying, reading, trying reading and experimenting. I delete about 60 to 70% of all indoor shots regardless of all the settings I've tried. Usually too blurry. Auto mode will not work for me at all, so I must learn how to use the pre-configured or manual modes eventually or give up the camera. Some of the modes I've tried uses the Red Eye Reduction or pre-flash and that even makes them blurrier. I have to get within about 5 feet to get any kind of decent pics. I'm sure I have a lot to learn about this camera, but I gave up a good camera too quick that took great indoor shots on auto mode. I also have an external flash which I probably am going to have to use to accomplish the same quality as before, but I'm not happy with the huge bracket I bought and it looks kind of silly and is kind of cumbersome with such a small camera. ;-)
I wish the camera was a little larger and a little heavier. I should have gone out and touch-and-feel before I made my Xmas wish. I also do not like the EasyShare Software, so I purchased a card reader and by pass it and use other graphics programs.
Tim
timbuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote