Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 20, 2004, 9:28 PM   #1

Any suggestions??
hamiltoncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:24 PM   #2

Are you using easyshare?????...what operating system are you using,,,XP ????

If you are using Windows XP and EasyShare then Xp will find it itself at restart usually....if you are just connecting directly to the DC and your PC and it`s not finding it then go to control panel,printers and other hardware,,,,,then cameras and scanners,,,,,then when in cameras and scanners there is on the left under imaging tasks ,,,ADD an Imaging Device......click that and it should set you up with the wizard.....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:55 AM   #3

hamiltoncruiser wrote:
Quote:
Any suggestions??
Had the same problem with my Kodak Camera before. What I did was I uninstall the Easyshare software -> restarted the computer -> Re-installed the Easyshare software (usb cable unplugged) -> Restarted the PC again - Attached the camera and that did it. The Transfer dialogue appeared again on the system tray.

Hope that helps!
mark040477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:48 AM   #4

I am using windows XP home and easy share. I now have bigger problems. In trying to get the tfr going last night, turning camera on and off a lot, I went to turn it on at one point last night and it won't power up properly now.

This is a CX 7530. When I turn it on now, the light flashes red for 10 secs and then camera turns itself off!!

I'm kind of worried b/c I won this camera and,as such, have no proof of purchase.
hamiltoncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 6:26 AM   #5

OH,OH,,,sounds like you may have a camera problem,,,try taking the battery out over night,,,,,then reinsert it and see what happens,,,if not e-mail kodak service,,,i`ve had repair work done on other items with no receipt before,,,,x-mas presents usually,,,and had no fuss about it...they can tell manufacture date by the serial #..

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 7:53 PM   #6

I had the same problem transferring pictures with my DX6490. Neither Windows Explorer or the Camera Wizard would see the camera. Easyshare would see it, but I don't care for the package. After Googling around I found an obscure message in a newsgroup suggesting that some older USB devices can cause conficts, preventing other devices from being seen. So I unplugged my old (supposedly non-XP compatible) Visioneer scanner and XP saw the DX6490 immediately.

I guess it's time for a scanner upgrade....

Dave
dmjohn19 is offline   Reply With Quote