Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 29, 2004, 3:18 PM   #1

HI
Ok, heres my problem. I love Kodak. And if I hadn't made the mistake of doing research I would have never changed my mind.

I am going back and forth and back and forth on a Kodak dx7630 or a Canon A95.

Everyone is saying get a Canon. The problem is, I hav never had problems with Kodak. And maybe in the end, a side by side comparision, Canon would be better. But would I ever know? probably not.

So now i am back on the kodak kick. I want the 6.1 megaapixal. 3 optical zoom. and unlimited video.

So my question is, who has this camera and are you happy with it?
AquaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2004, 5:11 PM   #2

Go to dpeview.com,,,then to the kodak forum,,not thekodak slr forum though,,we have a few people with that camera there,,,Dave Birdsong has one,,,put his name in the title of the thread to get his attention,,,,i`ve seen some pics from it,,,seems to work really well,,,larger sensor than too which is a bonus when it comes to noise....

As for the canon,,,,,a lot of canons have a lot of purple fringing,,well above normal,,,this is noted on a lot of reviews,,,so check out the reviews carefully on each,,,,

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:16 PM   #3

I have the 7630 and love it... i had a a85 before this one only to return itand i can send you pics from both. I like the kodak.
drkevork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:42 PM   #4

thanks for the replies.

I would love to see them drkvorak... please send them to the address below... [email protected]

thanks!

Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:35 PM   #5

Kodak tote this camera as being the flagship of the Easyshare collection and if picture quality is anything to go by they are right.:|

I have the DX7630 and DX6490, both of which I am happy with, along with about half a dozen other brand digital cameras I also had a Canon A70, pretty much an A95 with a smaller sensor, it was OK but I decided to stick with Kodak.

Why? because Kodak colours are fantastic, the camera build is just as good and you dont have to dig deep into your menu system to make changes to your camera settings.

Regards

Dave

Downunder.

OldShutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 9:22 PM   #6

thank you. i have made up my mind on what i want. I think the thing that made that possible was I went over to the other forum someone suggested to me in this thread... while i was there i was looking at the canon stuff, and someone was talking about the camera i was considering. someone responded in that post that "its the photographer that makes the pictures great. not the camera" and hes right. I can look at photo samples up the wazoo, and not think about the fact there is millions of other photos on there by the same camera not worthy of posting.

I was always happy with Kodak, I have unbeleivable colour coming from the one I have now (lol with 1 mp). My avatar is from my camera. I love my sons and my sisters 3 mps kodaks they have. there is no reason why I should not get this camera.

So next quest.. get the money for it. Thank you for your help.

Old Jan 14, 2005, 2:44 PM   #7

I just bought the dx7630 have the battery chargin now .I also have the 2x zoom lens and the wide angle but am waiting for the adapter ring from kodak. I will try everything out and post the results .

toadster
toadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 4:37 PM   #8

Hey Toadfrog.... still waiting anxiously for those shots!

Actually I just ordered my camera and I am picking it up in 45 minutes!!! I can't wait!
Old Jan 18, 2005, 5:24 PM   #9

hills
Old Jan 18, 2005, 5:39 PM   #10

Ive got to figure out how to post photos