Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 30, 2004, 3:43 PM   #1

Hi all, first time msg board poster!

After many hours researching and investigating on the web I decided to buy the Kodak DX7590. WOW! I love it!! I have took alsorts of photo's with it, but best of all I love the zoom! I do find that when the 10x zoom kicks in to the maximum (Before the digital zoom helps out) it does tend Not to focus - can any one help? I also would like some honest feedback on some of my photo's and how I can improve. How do I set up a site/link which I have seen and viewed on many a forum post so I ask for such feedback?

Kindest regards

Darloal.
Darloal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:37 PM   #2

For one at full zoom outside under normal lighting you shouldn`t have much of a problem focusing at full zoom,,,,if it`s dark or close to it,,,,aiming at something with contrast that is the same distance away,,then green light the AF,,this will sometimes help a lot.....

For 2 ,,,at the bottom of each post you reply or submit it say`s "Browse",,,,click that and you can upload your pics directly here,,,,just keep the file size below 250k and resize the image to 80x600 or smaller....

Hope to see some of your pics,,,and if you need help let us know...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:37 PM   #3

Congrats on buying a great camera. =)

As far as your problem focusing at maximum zoom, there are a few things:

1) Make sure you are in a mode that allows you to take good pictures in the light you are shooting in.

2) Press the shutter button half-way down (but not all the way/as far as do to take a picture)... This should focus on what you are looking at.

If that doesn't help, post more specific information about what you are shooting and what settings you are using on the camera.

And a great site to share your photos on is www.fotopic.net ... There are tonnes of sites out there though.. Just type in "photo hosting" in google/yahoo!
okcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:37 AM   #4

Hi Brian,

Thanks, I didn;t what the green light was (I should really read the instructions) but if its good I must take it the red light isn't. As for part 2 ref. browse etc. I couldn't see a link...as advised before I have only just become a member of this forum, so I'm sorry for being dumb.

Darloal

:?

Ok Computer,

Ialready tried the shutter button half way, that is my issue.

The camera then freeks a little and zooms in and out and then settles down, but never actually gets the zoom correct. I attempted the photo in day light.

I can only assume that the image I wanted to focus on was too far away? It was a swan on a river in excellent lighting. The camera settings were all over the place (As I wanted the best looking photo possible, so I experiemneted) They were either set to Auto, P or A. Does this help?

I checked out that fotopic website and its quite similar to Kodaks Ofoto. (Which I have just been messing about with) Are they similar? thought on that also would be nice.

Darloal

Thank you both for prompt and informative replies.

Darloal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 10:29 AM   #5

Kodak's Ofoto is decent, and support is built right into the EasyShare software as well..

But I found it wasn't as good as other sites for sharing your photos on the web.. I think you have to e-mail a link to people.. I'm not sure, but it just didn't seem to work the way I wanted it to.
okcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 1:38 PM   #6

When you click Browse,,,,right at the bottom after you`re done typing the message,,,scrool down you`ll see it,,,when you click that it`ll open "Choose File",,,select "My Documents",,then select "My Pictures",,,,,then simply click on the pic you want to insert here,,,then click open,,,,then when you click send at the very bottom of your typed message it`ll download that pic to Steeves.....

Brian..

P.S. fotopic is nice here`s a link to mine if you have lots of time to look at my pics,,,i also use photobucket.com

http://brianhare.fotopic.net/
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote