Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 2, 2005, 5:53 AM   #1

bought for 8 yr old son a few weeks ago. seems great! AUD$99 from K-Mart australia. only problem is downloading, saving and printing. is there an easy solution or do I have to get easyshare printerdock for him?
ayllim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2005, 4:15 PM   #2

Well if you want easy,,then just get the regular dock without the printer,,,it`s cheaper too,,,,one touch transfer can`t really be beat.....

It`s the 6000 dock you need,,,and here`s a pic

Brian
Attached Images

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 5:37 PM   #3

Or to save even more cash, get a USB multi card reader for next to nothing.

If you have a guest round with another digital camera that uses compact flash for example, then that would work as well.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:03 PM   #4

a memory card reader would be good, but I say go with the dock. not necessarily the printer dock, as you will then need the supplies for it and from what I read it comes to be about 29¢ a print. you might not want to do that for a 8 year old. so just get the regular doc.

my 11 year old got the same camera from my sister for his birthday and when she got the printer dock, she gave him her regular doc.

the benefit of having a dock compared to a reader... it recharge the camera batteries. i beleive it even comes with a set of rechargeable batteries. that will save a lot since batteries are a expensive part of a digital camera.
AquaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 4:36 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies. Sorry, but I am not sure if above suggestions will solve my problem.

At present, I am printing his photos for my 8 year old on my computer and printer. He finds the process of downloading, selecting and printing too complicated. (Besides I am not sure I want him messing around with my computer and wasting ink and paper!)

He has his own older printer and computer (Windows 98 with no USB port or internet connection). I have a Canon camera and a CF card reader, which I use for my own photos.

What he would like is an easy way for him to select and print his own photos. And show them off to his friends.

It will be more fun than waiting for me to do them. Ideally he can pay for the paper he uses too, if it is kept separate from mine.
ayllim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:26 AM   #6

I think you answered your own question then. he has no internet access, you dont want him touching your stuff or you have to do it. and ahe has enough money to replenish the ink and paper supplies (another review i just read said its 62¢ a print as needed). You will probably do just fine getting the photoprinter. its only 149.00.

although... you need to have a USB connectivity to hook it up. so you would still have to use your computer.

When i bought a new scanner for my sons computer this christmas, i ended up buying a HP 3 in 1 printer/scanner. They had lots of models and some took those memory cards. you would put in the card, a sheet would print out with all the pics on it and you choose which one you want to print. That would be onto normal pictures... and not the "photo lab" quality prints. although that too was a usb hookup. i dont know if it had a serial hookup or not.
AquaCity is offline   Reply With Quote