Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:29 PM   #1

Im using a DX 6490 with the lens hood adaptor and UV filter. when I shoot inside, my photos seem darker and sometimes blurry. would I get better photos if I remove the UV filers and or the lens hood?? is there any other filter I could put on for indoor shooting??

Thanks..

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:40 AM   #2

Hey djqwik,

i shoot a 6490 and just bought the adapter too. There wasa post earlier about the same thing. Something about the adapter blocks the flash sensor that's on front of the camera so you have to use an external flash. search for 6490 and it should pop up. Shouldn't bother it on outdoor shots that are lit well, but indoors it does seem to make a difference. or get an external flash.

not an expert or anything, but i did see that on an earlier thread. Hope that helps a little.
bishopprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:46 AM   #3

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...t=6490+adapter

Here is the link to that thread.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 7:05 AM   #4

what external flash sould I get? and is there a bracket to attach it to the camera? I dont want to spend a lot of $$$
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:49 PM   #5

Yea, you have to get a bracket. You can get em cheap. i think i spent maybe 15-20 on mine. Mom had to get one for hers and we found a smaller one for 10. for her. As far as the flash goes, i don't really have a big flash on mine. I was looking to go really cheap when i first bought the camera so i just got a little Quanaray MS-1 slave flash on mine. Costs 20. Looking to go purchase a real one, but it has worked great for what i've done. Only problem is you can't control it at all. I spent around 40. for the flash and bracket.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:53 PM   #6

Here is a link to another thread on the subject of flash. Brian has a photo of his setup there. He uses a Sunpak 144.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ght=6490+flash
Old Jan 4, 2005, 8:20 AM   #7

I've been checking around for a new external flash as well...Just a note about the Sunpak 144. Make sure you look at the 144PC rather than the 144D. The PC has the PC-sync cable that is requried for the DX6490, but the 144D doesn't. This was just something that wasn't immediately obvious to me when I started looking.

By the way, I ended up ordering a Sunpak 383...it's a bit more powerful than the 144 and has a swivel head in addition to the bounce adjustment.

Mark
MarkFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote