Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:01 PM   #1

Can someone point me to a web site with acomplete (flash, cable, handle attachment) flash klit for the dx6490 at a resonable price?

Thanks..
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:29 PM   #2

I just ordered a flash bracket and flash for my 6490 at www.bhphotovideo.com. The flash( a sunpak 383 ) which i chose after reading these forums for a while and seeing it mentioned a few times has a pc cord included. I think you really do need an external flash to get the best out of your indoor shots with this camera. I find i dont take as many pictures of people as I would like to because of the poor performance of this camera in certain lighting conditions. In every other respect though this camera rocks. It takes great night shots, just not of people (they wont stay still).:roll:I am really looking forward to experimenting with my new equipment. I hope it solves the only drawback i have found with this camera. Hope this helps.
JakTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:28 PM   #3

Which bracket did you end up getting?
Dave
dmjohn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 5:37 PM   #4

This one. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...448&is=REG

Nothing too complicated or expensive. :|
JakTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:31 PM   #5

I also chose a 383 from B&H and am very happy with this flash. The bracket I got is just the generic $12 one, but seeing as I wasn't paying (Santa was) I kind of thought I was asking enough already.

I found that the local dealers were not too helpful when it came to choosing a flash. The overall opinion was that it was a wasted effort. I can state categorically that it most certainly is not a waste. This camera really comes to life with the 383.

I have seen several suggestions to use a safe-sync voltage regulator on the 6490, but Santa was a little short. I'm saving up to be on the safe side. ($125 CDN - a real rip-off) but so far I've had no problems. I think the 383 triggers at under 6v.

I hope this is of some help in your shopping.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 9:12 AM   #6

Tom,

I found this site in Canada - http://www.photococan.com.

I ordered a few things from them recently (including a Sunpak 383). Their prices are pretty good with reasonable shipping costs. Might be worth a look.

Mark
MarkFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:51 PM   #7

So is there a web site that I can go to that has a good deal on a complete kit for DX6490 (FLASH, pc cable, handle etc)?

Thanks..
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote