Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:10 PM   #1

What can I do if my camera is soaked? It's been drying since yesterday and doesnt work still.. Is there a warranty or anything? Or do I just get to get a new one now?
arin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2005, 6:49 PM   #2

Man,,that stinks,,,,,e-mail kodak and they will repair it,,is it fairly new arin1.....if not then maybe it`s better to just upgrade....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:47 PM   #3

It's pretty new.. I got it in June of last year..
arin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 6:37 PM   #4

Well,,,,i`d try e-mailing kodak service and see what they think,,,,and see what they`ll charge to repair,,then you can decide,,,,sorry i can`t help more...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 10:11 PM   #5

Most manufacturers will not repair or warranty water damaged electronics due to the possibility of continued rust and corrosion. Depending on how thoroughly it was soaked, it may take days to dry completely. During that period however, the circuits must not be powered up for risk of further damage. Alas, it may be too late in your case.

For future reference, the best course of action for waterlogged electronics that have few or no moving parts is a quick but thorough rinse in distilled water. While this may be counter intuitive at first, the goal is to displace any contaminantswhich could impede the drying process or leave a residue. After the distilled water bath, it is a good idea to leave the unit in an unpowered state in a dry environment for at least a few days or longer. Resist the temptation to power up the device before it has dried thoroughly toreduce the risk offurther damage. This of course, assumes that the device was not powered on during the initial dunking and is not already irreparably damaged. As for devices which contain many moving parts, such as switches and motors, the chances of a full recovery are not as hopeful.

KuoH
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote