Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 1, 2005, 5:40 AM   #1

I've read comments before about the DX7440 not keeping the date whenever the battery is removed (may apply to other Kodak cameras as well). I have never ever set the date on my camera. When I connect to Easyshare software the computer date is automatically transferred to camera. So far straightforward and as per spec. However an interesting thing happened when on holiday recently. I obviously needed to recharge the battery a couple of times. This should by all reports lose the date. However on returning home and connecting to Easyshare software the dates and times of all images when uploaded were shown correctly under "Date Taken" attribute. These dates covered period when batteries were removed and replaced without connecting to computer. Am I missing something here or is the camera software holding a "time difference" to enable the Easyshare computer software to later calculate correct date and time? By the way I have never looked at date on camera but it seems as though I don't even need to.
focussed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2005, 6:19 PM   #2

The camera will remember the date for a short time,,,if you are just changing batteries without long waits in between,,,it will keep the date/time......if you only had one battery and took it out and charged it the 3 or so hours it takes,,,it`d probably need resettting..

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:34 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. What you describe is exactly what I'd expect, a bit like a VCR after a short or long power cut. The only reason I queried it was that a number of people in consumer reviews were putting loss of date as a negative (see http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPR-Kodak_EasyShare_DX7440). Incidentally I did have only one battery (I will be getting another) and the maximum time before replacing was probably around 2-3 hours. So maybe it does keep date for a few hours at least.
focussed is offline   Reply With Quote