Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:53 AM   #1

I know ... what an idiot.

No visible damage on the outside, so maybe I got away with it. The only thing is, and I don't know if it did it before or not (not had it very long), when looking through the viewfinder or LCD the picture seems to flick from black and white to colour and back. Whenever I take a picture it comes out in colour though. Is this normal? Anything else to look out for?

TIA

Tom
tdiethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:53 PM   #2

Mine does that all the time. I have never dropped mine. I think it is normal. I got a case for mine. Its a tight fit and is well padded. I can treat it quite roughly when its in the case. I would recommend getting one if you havent already done so. Just for the peace of mind when carrying it around. I always try to put the strap around my neck whenever it is out of its case if I can. They are very fragile. My brother left his on the kitchen table with the strap hanging over the edge. Enter one toddler and the camera is now scrap. I think camera insurance is not that expensive. The DX6490 is not as expensive as a lot of other cameras but I wouldnt like to have to replace mine all of a sudden. I think i will price that insurance myself.

Jak
JakTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:58 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, that's good to hear. Funny I dropped mine in almost exactly the same way - it was on the kitchen table and the strap got caught on a chair as I picked it up - guess I was lucky it survived.

What was the brand of case you got?

Thanks,

Tom
tdiethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:32 PM   #4

I got this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...183170-6895005

its a bit fiddly to get the camera into and out of untill you get used to the right way to put it in. I fold the strap around the camera just over the lens and then i put it in with the lens facing forward and the shutter release button to the top. Then i fold the rest of the strap into the gap that is left in the top. The lid close perfectly then. It does look a bit like a small ladies handbag but it keeps the camere safe.

JakTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote