Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 5, 2005, 4:55 PM   #1

Hi everyone,

Just got my Sunpak 383 super and a flash bracket, MAN what a difference that makes.

I've got a couple of questions though. Does any one else have problems with their sync cord not making a good connection with the cameras pc slot? I can snap a pic and the flash won't fire and if I put my finger on the plug on the camera end of the cord and it will fire on the next shot. Other times it works great.

My other question has to do with white balence. Most of my outside pics have a bluish cast to them, i've tried Auto and Daylight white balence and they come outpretty much the same. I've tried it with a UV and a polarizer filter on and off and those don't seem to make a difference either. I've been told that this is kind of common in digicams, but I am fairly new at this so I don't know. If it is clear here tomorrow I'll try to post a couple of examples.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2005, 5:11 PM   #2

Never had a problem with the sych cord on my DX6490 Bob,,quite likely a bad cord,,,and post a few for us to see,,,i don`t think i`ve seen a bluish tint in any of mine unless i did`nt change the white balance correctly,,,auto outside should be perfect...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:20 PM   #3

Hi Bob;

I've got a 383 for my 6490 and it works without a hitch. It is an extremely flexible flash to work with. I hope your problem is nothing more than the sync cord.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://www.darwinonline.org/index.php?cat=11078
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 5:03 PM   #4

Thanks for answering my post, Brian and Tom.

I really like the Sunpak and I do believe the problem is with the sync cord. I will have to pick up a new one.

I was going to shoot a few pics today to show you what I meant by the bluish cast but the weather is lousy here and so foggy and hazy that it wouldn't be a good representation of what I mean. It is probably just me being picky and new to photography in general. The problem is easily fixed in Paintshop Pro, wich is the editor that I use.I will post some pics before and after editing when the weather clears.

Are those your pics that you included the link to, Tom?

Thanks again

Bob
Old Feb 7, 2005, 7:17 PM   #5

Yeah,,it`d be interesting to see what you mean by blue casting on the pics,,,let us know....

Brian

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 7:23 PM   #6

I've had a blue tint to some of the pictures I've taken outside when there is lots of snow in the scene. I upped the exposure comp. and that seemed to help whiten up the scenes.

Mark
MarkFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 9:04 PM   #7

Hi Brian and Mark,

I think the snow is probably contributing to the blue cast. I like taking pics of old barns and rural landscapes and of course a fair amount of snow is involved this time of the year.Due to my hours of work alot of my pic taking is in the later evening hours and there seems to be a light haze on alot of those days. Soon as it clears here I'll post some examples.

Brian, I like the wildlife pics that you take, especially the Humming bird ones. I'm working on getting my depth of field like you have yours.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 10:22 PM   #8

Bob Mevis wrote:
Quote:
Are those your pics that you included the link to, Tom?
Yes, I've started to assemble an online album. I've finally got a collection of shots that I'm proud enough of to share. Bear in mind that a year ago I didn't know an f-stop from a bus stop. I'm still pretty new to this.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://www.darwinonline.org/index.php?cat=11078
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote