Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 9, 2005, 6:25 AM   #1

I've been dashing about locally taking photos, and have blended a few together. It's working ok (see attached!) and I planned to create a calendar.

I've been told it's gonna cost £2300 to print 500 calendars (shortest run!), so I think I'll bin that idea!

Other thing is I've no camera case yet, anybody recommend a good (under £40?) case for the 6490?

happy snapping everyone! :blah:
Attached Images

mattouli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2005, 6:27 AM   #2

Another one (!)
Attached Images

mattouli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 12:12 PM   #3

some nice shots there.

that seems like a hefty price tag for calendars... do some shopping around at some different online photo printing places.. because £2300 is over $5000CDN, which means you'd be paying $10+CDN for each calendar - way too much, especially if you're looking to make your money back in sales.

not sure what's available in the UK, but i know print shops around here can definitely print 500 nice-looking calendars for less than that. =)

as for a case - don't get the Kodak-made leathery one. it's riduculously expensive and doesn't have a lot of room for cards, thumb drives, and such.

i got a $15 Optex case from my local shop and it's great.
okcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:30 PM   #4

I got this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000UXOHG/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_f/202-4183170-6895005

its a bit fiddly to get the camera into and out of untill you get used to the right way to put it in. I fold the strap around the camera just over the lens and then i put it in with the lens facing forward and the shutter release button to the top. Then i fold the rest of the strap into the gap that is left in the top. The lid close perfectly then. It does look a bit like a small ladies handbag but it keeps the camere safe.

JakTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:08 PM   #5

The North Face makes an awesome cammera case, or at least they did, not sure if they still do; but its worth looking into. I payed about $100CDN for it a few years ago. Anyway, if you can find one, it is water resistant, decent for space, big enough to hold a 7590 with the wide angle and lens adapter attached. Plus a roomy front pocket for batteries, filters etc. If I can remember correctly it was marketed as a rock climbing photo case cause you can strap it around your neck and waste.

Anyway, thats my suggestion if you can find it.
Good Luck
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote