Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 13, 2005, 7:13 PM   #1

I just bought the Kodak DX7590. I will not be able to get much practice in before using at a concert in 2 weeks ! Any tips on shooting in a dark atmosphere with stage lighting would be very helpful and greatly appreciated. I probably will not be using the flash.

Thanks !
driversix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2005, 8:15 PM   #2

Well these point and shoot cameras are not great in action low light shots,,so don`t be suprized if they do not turn out brilliant,,,,that being said,,,you really need to go into "P" mode (easiest),,,turn the ISO up to at least 200,,,i`d go for 400 myself,,,,it will bring you the highest shutter speeds at 400....or even better go into "A" mode,,turn the ISO up to 400,,,set the aperature to it`s lowest number (widest opening),,,,that will get you the highest shutter speed possible,,,allowing the most light in...a mono pod would help here to to stabilize the camera,,,but a pain in crowds...try to stay at your widest zoom too,,,and if you watch the performers and catch them in moments when they are not moving to much you`ll get your best results....

These small cameras really don`t excell at this type of work,,,a DSLR on the other hand can go up/over 1600 ISO and get the action shot without a ton of noise,,,but they are not cheap,,,so you need to take tons of shots,,,only use the flash within it`s range,,,and probably get a few good keepers in the end,,good luck let us know how you make out...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:56 PM   #3

Yes I have one main thing to say about shooting in low light ......... Go to the KODAK site and find the firmware for camera and load it into your rig. Print the directions to make it less painfull.

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US
Old Feb 23, 2005, 8:19 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I just downloaded the firmware update and I am ready to shoot this Sunday. I have been practicing in A,P & S mode a lot and getting some great photos. This is a great camera.
driversix is offline   Reply With Quote