Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:06 PM   #1

Hi folks got another noob question for anyone who may feel like answering...Now I dont know the name of this attachment that was used with older cameras but I will try to explain as best I can...What I am referring to is a cable that attached to the shutter button in order to take a steady shot while using a tripod a sort of hands off shutter button operation...hmmm hope everyone understood this...lol...I know I could use the timer on the 7590 but want more control and was wondering if this accessory is available for digicams and the 7590 in general...
Thanks alot for the continued help from this great forum:-)
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:34 AM   #2

Hey there,
Its called a shutter release cable, and there is no such animal for the 7590. Unless there is some sort of new cable that can attach without threads of any sort that I have never heard of... but generally, as far as I know, no such thing.
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 4:24 PM   #3

Think youre stuck with the timer for now. I.ve been experimenting making my own release cable ...consists of a wooden frame around the camera, a lot of rubber bands , some dowel stick and a few pins for hinges. I got the idea from a web site i came across where the author attached disposable cameras to kites for taking aerial photos. I can't remember the url but if you search for it , there are a lot of people involved in that. If I succeed :?I'll be sure to post it here.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:20 PM   #4

If your really brave, you can open your camera up, soilder wires onto the contacts for the shutter button, and attach a momentary switch... I have done similar things with joysticks, and a radar detector for my car, however, I am not brave enough to rip my 7590 appart. Actually you would need either two step momentary with 3 wires, or two momentary switches. It can be done though.
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote