Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:49 PM   #1

Hello

I have some question before I buy the Easyshare Cx7530.(My first camera ever)

Does anybody here use the Windows XP program to download the photos. I rather not use the Easyshare software due to the fact I have read about computers crashes and other problems(I can't afford a new computer)Plus I already have two photo editing programs,Corel Photo House and Microsoft Picture It 2000. So I rather like to see if I can just skip it. And I do plan to get a card reader later on for downloading. But right now I'm taking a wait and see. Plus I still have to read about them :-)

Also I read somewhere, that you can just plug the camera and turn it on. Then go to My Computer and it will show up. Then you can right click to download.

Any info would be a big help
Thank You
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2005, 8:50 PM   #2

No, you don't have to use Easyshare software. Yes, you can just connect to your pc with a usb cable and download pics. My opinion...I'm using Win xp with my dx7590 and Easyshare since sept. and have not had a single problem.Since its my first digital camera I had no other pe programs and easyshare works fine for me>

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 8:54 PM   #3

Hello Lurker,

Welcome to the forum, I'm a newbie myself but I think I can help.

Yes, you can upload pics to your pc without the easyshare software. XP will recognize the camera and it will bring up a dialog box asking what part of XP do you want to use to upload. You want to choose the camera wizard, I think it is called t he camera and scanner wizard.If you have the dock you can transfer thru it to the pc. I did it that way for awhile, the only problem is that XP does not keep a running file count on your pics from upload to upload like easyshare will. In other words if you shoot 20 pics today and transfer to a directory it will number them something like pics 001, 002, 003 ansd so on. If you then shoot pics the next day it wants to name them pic 001, 002, 003 and so on. So you have to be carefull not to overwrite files in the same directory.

Easyshare will name a new directory everyday with that days current date and number the pics sequentially in that folder. It never repeats a number. To get the dock to work initially it might be necessary to install easyshare and then uninstall it right away.

Hope this helps,

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:01 PM   #4

Thank You :-)

I just wanted to make sure, before getting the camera. My love for my poems is a tab greater than the camera :|
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:11 PM   #5

that software that comes with it is poo

personally for my last 2 kodaks ive just loaded them onto the computer directing off the camera ( no software ) then just edit them in PS 8 cs.

it uses a shit load less ram too

another good thing is.. u can shortcut to your camera from my computer and dump the icon on ya desktop...alot eaiser then turning camera on/off or going into my computer etc etc
s|r_b00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:53 PM   #6

Thank You , I never thought of putting the shortcut on the desktop. Still waiting to get the camera. Weather is not helping with the snow :X Only getting another foot tomorrow:lol: