Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 4, 2005, 4:34 PM   #61

Heck of a job. Now if I could only make mine look more like yours. Mine's very crude looking but it works. I hide it 'cause I don't want anyone laughing at it. LOL

I see I'll have to go find some more material to make one that looks as good as yours.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:17 AM   #62

Thanks cwodave and dan. I just hope it'll help someone out a little whether they have a Kodak or not. I know that the one I made has come in handy already. It is a shame that Kodak or a vendor doesn't have one for us and we have to make these things ourselves. If any of you need further info or help just ask. The Dawg will be around for a long while or until Steve chucks me out the door. Which ever comes first.LOL

Da DAWG
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:31 AM   #63

Yo Dawg - Ilike your shutter release set-up, excellent execution; speaking of which, when does your wife have your's scheduled for? LOL!?

I have a RedDot mounting bracket underway for my FZ20, and may make an extension to mount to it for a similar cable anchor. I'll post some pics when things are further along. That will be after my thumb stops bleeding! Guess I'll have to wear gloves in the shop.

Tom / tswill2 / /
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:17 AM   #64

I might have to put a sign up over my driveway nameing my house Death Row. I feel like I've been there 38 years now!! No reprieve in sight. LOL All kidding aside, I am looking forward to seeing your cable release set up. New Ideas are what is needed to distill the differing styles and designs down to a more user friendly design. I still like BobMevis's design. Oh well like I said I'm looking forward to your's. Hope to see it soon !!!

Dawg
Old Apr 23, 2005, 12:44 PM   #65

Dawg - here are a couple of shots of the RedDot part of the bracket finally ready to put a black finish onto. This keeps the weight of the sight off the hotshoe, and even will let me use it on the FZ1 if I want. It should be a good answer to the blacked out EVF, too in addition to my main want of it for pics of flying birds. Tom

That should read " Mouse hole for manual FOCUS access"
Attached Images

tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 4:56 PM   #66

Looks cool can't wait to see the finished one. I like the
idea of by passing the evf on action shots. That is one drawback of the 6490 on action shots. Looks like you're well on your way to a finished product.

Dawg