Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:34 PM   #1

Hi all,

Just got a new 7590 and I love it. Quite a few more toys on it than the 6490. I'm still so new to this that I don't know what alot of them are for LOL. Pic quality is superb.

Finally had some sun here yesterday and I went for a hike and snapped about a hundred pics. I noticed one annoying thing about the camera, pic 101 would have been that once in a lifetime shot...too bad my battery was dead. Had the cam set to continuous focus and I think that really shortened the life of the battery. Anybody thinking about this cam might want to consider another battery.

Here is a pic of the sun shining down.

Bob
Attached Images

Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:49 PM   #2

Here is another one.
Attached Images

Old Mar 1, 2005, 8:14 AM   #3

Hi Bob.....congratulations on your new camera...I'm sure you will love the 7590, I do.

And yes the cont. focus will cut battery time quite a bit as the camera is focusing all the time while hanging on your neck walking around. I've taken about 150 pics in one session without a battery problem.Not sure how long it will last.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:15 AM   #4

Hi Bob;

Congratulations on the new camera. One thing to keep in mind is that cold weather greatly affects battery life. I don't know about other cameras, but when the Kodak starts to go, you don't get a lot of warning. It'd be nice to know when you need to start economizing shots.

enjoy your camera

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://www.darwinonline.org/index.php?cat=11078

Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 4:48 PM   #5

I can usually get about 200 shots on a charge in the cold if you keep the camera warm. However, the first thing I bought was a spare battery, they are relitivly cheap. I just bought the small battery that was for the 6490 cause it was only $20. I can get abou 120 shots from the 6490 battery.

Good luck, and nice shots
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 8:22 PM   #6

Thanks for the feedback guys,

I got a spare battery on my things to buy soon list. Looks like I have to practice my resizing too, I got 2 different size pics, don't I. LOL

I hope to get good enough to start posting pics like all of you soon, although we are in the middle of a blizzard here (darn) so it will be a few more days.

Bob
Old Mar 2, 2005, 10:12 AM   #7

Hi Tom,just read your post here and was wondering if you now have the Kodak 7590? I did have the 6490 but the zoom lense broke on me and when I went back to get it replaced all they had was the 7590 so I got it.I think I like it better than the 6490,even though I only had it a couple months before the lense messed up.I still haven't got the Oly Tcon 17 ,but hope to soon !!

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:26 PM   #8

smiles wrote:
Quote:
Hi Tom,just read your post here and was wondering if you now have the Kodak 7590? ....Sandy
Hi Sandy;

No, no 7590 for me, though it does look to have some significant improvements over the 6490. My next move... when it comes... will probably be into the DSLR range. I'm taking stock of my wants and needs and reading some reviews, but I have no move planned for the next year.

For now, having learned the basics of my camera, I'm content to concentrate on learning the finer points ofphotography. This site, by the way has been my starting point for just about every question I've had. The answers often lead to other resources, the exploration starts here. (Thanks, Steve)

Sandy... have you posted any shots with the 7590? I'd like to see them.

Bob... get out there and start shooting!

regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://www.darwinonline.org/index.php?cat=11078

Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote