Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 1, 2005, 1:35 AM   #91

TNX Dawg gonna grab it along with my 7590 $50 rebate from Kodak
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:05 AM   #92

I didn't get one of those with my 6490. That's alright, cause if I had my wife would have found a way to do me out of it.
Oh yeah wagaboo I finished the eyecup, and the first one is a keeper. I aint lettin go of it fer nuttin. It looks factory made and took very little effort to make I'll be posting more info soon as I get some time meanwhile I guess this lets Bob off the hook. IT WORKS FINE BOB!!!!! Maybe he'll hear that in Indiana. The first one I made I made to Bob's specifications then added a hood on to it the way I wanted mine to look. It is sort of flared out and squared off. I'm also making some that just stick straight off the EVF and don't flare out any. Then I want to make some that are more rounded on the viewer's end but still have a flare, that way everyone can have a choice. I included a picture of the mold after it was dipped for the fourth time. the dip coating works great. It produces a flexable and soft finished product that can be cut with scissors to the specific size you might want.

Tired Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:17 AM   #93

The following are some scans of the finished hood the only thing I did wrong was let too much material build up on the flare radius causeing some small bubbles to form in that area. I'll know better next time.

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:31 AM   #94

This one is with the mold beside it and looking out from the EVF side. This is the side that fits on the camera.

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:43 AM   #95

This is the side that you look through. You'll have to pardon the way it is squashed, the scanner cover makes it bend a little. I also need to do some more trimming on the edges to smooth it out.
Attached Images

Old Apr 1, 2005, 3:49 AM   #96

Yer hard work is paying off Dawg, looking very fine indeed
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:56 AM   #97

Thanks wagaboo. Have you made your mind up which one you want. When you do mail me a message with an addy and I'll send one to you along with a mold so you can make your own.

Dawg
Old Apr 1, 2005, 3:24 PM   #98

Very nice indeed, Dawg!!!! Who needs Kodak....we have you guys here to solve problems! Wanta thank you again for jogging my brain...I've used that vinyl dip to recoat the rusty tines in the dishwasher and its better than new...next is using it to replace the old duct tape on the vacuum hose hehe.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2005, 12:56 AM   #99

Dan I'm finding more and more uses for it. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner myself, because I've used it before to coat my screwdriver handles on the job. Gettin old is heck, some mornings I get out of bed and go to the bathroom and start trying to unzip my briefs.

Dawg
Old Apr 2, 2005, 2:31 PM   #100

Lol Dawg, as long as you can get out of bed to go you're not old.But I know what your sayin...arthritis has crept in on me and some days I'm not a happy camper. Thank god we still have so many nice things to still take pictures of!

Dan
dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote