Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:27 AM   #11

When I get to the shop tonight I'll look around and see what I have available. Then go by the wally world camera shop with my calipers and see what develops. Heat shrink can work if you happen to have the right size but I want to think something more durable an aestheticly apealing is out there. MMMM,
we'll have to see.

The saga continues----

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:40 AM   #12

Like sands through the hourglass...so are the days of our kodaks:lol: well at least we got our creative minds together to come up with something.
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:56 PM   #13

Hey wagaboo, instead of rubberbands try "O" rings. they can be purchased in any size you could imagine. Also they can be cut to size and reassembled with nothing more than a small drop of super glue. Thats how we do it to custom make them for industrial applications. And they could be glued to the ends of the shrink tube to make an eye cushion. You can buy them at most auto supply stores in crossection diameters from tiny to as big as your finger. Just thought I'd bring that up.

Da Dawg
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:06 PM   #14

Darn good idea:idea: Going to home depot soon and will definately grab the O-ring afterwards....thanks for the info Dawg
Old Mar 14, 2005, 4:26 PM   #15

Its been awhile since I've seen much sunshinebut heres what I did the last sunny day I was shooting.Took a piece of that foam insulation made for doors or windows that is sticky on the back side.Cut it to length and wrapped it around there.Not pretty by any means but it held up for the time I needed.You can get varying widths of this stuff in any hardware store.With the paper backing on it, I stuffed a couple pieces in my camera bag for emergencys.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 4:40 PM   #16

Can you buy the shrink tubing in a big enough diameter to co around the view finder housing? I looked at the local auto parts after work and couldn't find any. I got to laughing about this at work today, by the time we get done modifying our cameras they won't look anything like a camera LOL.

Got my 20 foot air bulb shutter release cable today, it requires a trip back to the drawing board fora couple of minor alterations. Ah well, more tinkering.

dan279, how well did that foam work?

Regards

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 7:06 PM   #17

Yes I can buy it up to 2" but still trying to find it though gotta hit the local electricians to find out where because I'm new to this town ,,,hopefully soon though:?
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:13 PM   #18

Hmmm.....might be easier to attach it to your eye, no staples though..lol:lol:

scottie
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:55 PM   #19

You need to go to an electrical supply house to find the shrink tube. At least that is where we get it. It comes in about any size you would probably need. If you have a problem finding one in your town, you can try McMaster Carr on line. They have most anything you would ever want to use to tinker with. Their catalog is about 6" thick.

FYI They have O rings too.

Da Dawg
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:14 PM   #20

Thanks Dawg gonna go hunting again today. I came close yesterday while looking and stopped into the salvation army thrift store and good will store looking at old banged up cameras and the eye cups that are on these old things and came close to a fit a couple of times this was another option for me to look at ...so the saga continues:idea::?: