Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 15, 2005, 1:46 PM   #21

Hey wagaboo. Like your avatar. Scary though. Reminds me of my mother inlaw.
Never thought of Goodwill or Salvation army. Gotta check that out.

Da Dawg

P.S. be sure to check the next page.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 2:38 PM   #22

Bob the foam wasn't perfect, but it was a lot better than without it. And it was handy since I usually have a couple rolls hanging around the basement..Never throw anything away...I might be able to use it someday:lol:
dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 6:47 PM   #23

Thanks dan279

i think i have some of that foam in amongst my junk somewhere, sounds like a quick fix for out in the field. Hopefully we can all come up with a semi permanent fix.

Regards

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 1:18 AM   #24

If I'm lying I'm dying. I promise if we can't come up with something in the near future I'll take some rubber stock and mill us all out some rubber eye cups. And if I don't, May all my grandchildren marry chihuahuas.

Da Dawg

[img][/img]
Attached Images

Old Mar 16, 2005, 12:03 PM   #25

Yer too funny Dawg "woooof" Gonna hold ya to it...lol still trying to get this thing together.. Tnx on the Avatar Made it in Maya
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:46 AM   #26

You are very welcome. I meant it. It really is a different one, and shows some individuality. Much lacking these days.
Well I went to Wal-Mart with my calipers to measure the EVF on their display camera and wouldn't you know it they wouldn't let me. A new girl was there and immediatly stopped me, like my calipers were a Tomahawk or something so I still don't have the measurement that I need.
Could someone help me by measuring their EVF and give me an accurate measurement to go by. She didn't mind the measureing tape I had, but it ain't accurate enough. I need highth, width, depth and what would be an acceptable over hang for the eyepiece. Again as always any and all help appreciated.
Now that I think about it I can't blame the poor girl. There I am at 11:00 PM, 6' 2" 260 lbs. dirty greasey overalls and work boots. Must of looked to her like a work release runaway. Maybe if I go with a suit and tie next time I'll get better results.

Da Working Dawg
Attached Images

Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:19 AM   #27

I guess that you were a national security risk with those calipers you had Dawg..."Stand back or I'll measure you". Wish I had a set of those so I could do that because my walmart reps are pretty good about stuff like that, they better be cuz the wife and I keep them in business. If you get lucky are you thinking of selling these eyecups Dawg ? If so Heres customer #1, I call shotgun, Im first no butt ins...lol. Thanks alot for your effort Dawg
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 1:13 PM   #28

Hey Wagaboo, if I can get those measurements and cheaply and reliably produce some Yer names on the top of the list. I don't really plan to sell them though. Might have to charge for shipping. but that would be all. I'm a little too long in the tooth to be starting a new buissness. Oh yeah, no matter how much money you spend at a Wal-Mart don't ever take a (shudder) box cutter or utility knife to one. The Greeters are trained to sniff it out and tackle you holding you for security personal to arrive. They can be viscious.

Dawg

Attached Images

Old Mar 17, 2005, 1:44 PM   #29

Hi Dawg...I wanted to help you on the measurements but it appears to be more than I can handle:?The top and bottom of the rectangle is tapered from the middle and all sides are tapered from front to back.So in my limited thinking I guess I probly shouldn't call it a rectangle.Whatever you call it, I did manage to somehow trip UP the stairs(not an easy thing to do)and jab my leg with the god*$%# caliper.LOL Good thing the wife wasn't within earshot.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 7:59 PM   #30

LOL,

I can help you dawg, but you have to lower your calipers first and quit threatening everyone...hey you, there in the camera dept. lower your measuring device and put your hands over your head, you look like a d--- national threat to us. we will call out the wally world police lol.

sorry, i'm serious now. dan is right it is tapered. in the middle it is approx. .875 tall, it tapers to about .800 at the ends and is about .500 deep and the radius on the corners is about.125. the housing is a soft rubber so therefor it is hard to be exact, but that shouldn't be more than a couple thousands off.

hope this helps

Bob M

p.s. my people will call your people to schedule disarmament talks...LOL
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote