Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 20, 2005, 5:56 PM   #51

Wanna hear something stupid ? was making a chicken today and had the turkey baster out...hmmmmm you know with a cut here and there it could work as an eye cup or am I just BEING a Turkey?...ah well might try that just to see pardon the punn..
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:52 PM   #52

Try it, just don't get your fingers stuck together. Super glue don't take no prisoners. Mercy ain't in it's vocabulary. Basting chicken? Please don't tell me you were wearing a checkered apron!? Let me know how it turns out. The eye cup, not the chicken. HA..HA.

Da Dawg

P.S. Probably keep that date with the bridgeport monday and figure the most economical ( Make that the easiest way for the Dawg) to do this. Hey Bob and Wagaboo ya'll didn't tell me how much do you want it to stick over the edge of the EVF. If you leave everything up to me it'll look something Dr. Seuss designed while tripping on PCP. Maybe we can get a certain "DRAFTSMAN" to draw up a usable drawing. HUH! How about that?

DAWG looking for a draftsman!!

Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 2:17 PM   #53

Actually Dawg I was cooking in the nude with a chefs hat and apron on but the wife said quit scaring the neighbors and get dressed...lol . Not sure about the protrusion part of things for the eyecup Dawg well Im off to buy a turkey baster and giver a whirl and will let ya know.....Arf's to ya Dawg
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:11 PM   #54

Hi Dawg,

been busier than h--- lately. As far as the eyecup goes, i don't know what would be a good distance for the eyecup to stick out. hmmmmm. do you have the ability to open autocad drawings? if you do, let me know, but it might be a couple of days before i can whip up a drawing. Things have been a little out of control here.

wagaboo, put some clothes on man, you don't wanna burn little wagaboo LOL

later guys

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 1:58 AM   #55

Now Bob, Just how did you know I was thinking of you when I wrote that. Anyway yes I can open autocad docs. I've got quickcad 8 and it's supposed to do that. No I don't use it. It's kind of like those coffee table books you see at people's houses, only there to impress the uninitiated. Any way if you would be so kind as to send a " good " drawing to me it would be helpful. I'm beginning to belive I'll have to make a form from PTFE. which we have an abundance of, and cut and glue a lamination of rubber to accomplish the task. Or I'll get nekkid and cut up a turkey baster. Of course I'll need a chef's hat and chekerd apron.HEHEHEHEHE~~~~!!!! That image Wagaboo, will be stuck in my mind for a month or two. I think your wife was [email protected]# HoHA I ** bel-e--ve hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhehe T-h--ey HoHUHha w-oul__d haha pay t-o se-e HHHAAA th--at.
Stop it your kill-ing ME!!hohahe

HowLiNG Dawwwwwwg

Attached Images

Old Mar 22, 2005, 6:19 AM   #56

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I'm beginning to belive I'll have to make a form from PTFE...and glue a lamination of rubber
Dawg, Big:

How in heck do you glue anything to PTFE/Teflon?

Dave
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:02 PM   #57

You don't, That's why I want to use it for a mold. Then the rubber adhesive or super glue can't stick so when I remove the rubber lamination it won't stick and is easily removable.I hope this answers your question. And please keep asking questions or give more input. We realy need it.

The needy DAWG
Old Mar 24, 2005, 2:19 AM   #58

Here is a rough Idea of what I think the form to make the rubber eyepiece should be. Just remember it's a rough rendering. This one from the top.
DAWG
Attached Images

Old Mar 24, 2005, 2:54 AM   #59

And another view. This one from the front.

DAWG
Attached Images

Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:03 AM   #60

This one from the side.

Dawg
Attached Images