Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:18 AM   #61

And a view from the rear.

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:32 AM   #62

These are rough dimensions and may not be the final design. That's all up to you guy's. Please comment, criticize, complain, or show your pleasure or displeasure. All input is needed. What would you like to see, or not see on this.

I await your input.

Awaiting DAWG

Attached Images

Old Mar 24, 2005, 5:40 AM   #63

Hey wouldn`t that be a little stiff when you put your eye against it dawg.....:lol:

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:25 PM   #64

Hey Dawg, that looks darn good my baster idea died along with the turkey as I couldnt see the full picture in the VF but your mold does look very nice
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 1:59 AM   #65

Yes Brian that would hurt if you jambed your eye against it. I've got to remember that next time Darn It!! Well,anyway I'll try to continue on with one eye only. This is a form to mold the eye piece on. I plan to either dip or brush on a coating of neoprene rubber ( probably use both). It's the same rubber dip coating used to cover tool handles. Loctite makes a good one called Color Coat. Comes in red, white and black. It is very tough, durable, acid resistant,oil resistant, and UV resistant. The beauty of this is you can build it up as thick or thin as you need. Also you can laminate it with layers of any other strips of rubber or stiffener you would like. You can also make your form from wood, aluminum, steel, Lexan or almost anything. You only need to coat the form with Saran wrap to insure removal. Of course with Teflon I won't have to use that. Also during the cureing of the part before it has cured you can texture the eyepiece useing wadded up Saran wrap or a stiff brush or any other way your imagination can come up with. Maybe an old piece of Naugahide?? Soon I think I'll try it. Maybe,Just maybe I'll learn to like it. Maybe it will work. It's plausable. Its concieveable. Its possible.
It'll work I just know it'll work. Oh Auntie Emm, Toto, You believe in me. Don't you????

Oz bound Dawg

Attached Images

Old Mar 25, 2005, 2:22 AM   #66

Wagaboo,I'm very sorry about the baster. That's the creative process though some ideas work and some don't. At least you've tried, some haven't. The Idea of an eyepiece for these cameras is a good one and shouldn't be abandoned now that were so-o-o close to a solution. I think that this type of forming will work with a little experimenting on our part. If it does and gives satisfactory results everyone that would like one should be able to make one of their own. No matter what Brand or model of camera they have. This will be sort of a Universal type of process and we will all be indepted to you for starting it off.

Dawg

P.S. I got the Camera. When the champagne buzz wears off I'll have more on it. Meanwhile Here is the first picture. Yeah, I've changed. Instead of shooting off my mouth. I shot my FOOT!! You can call me Barney from now on. Or One bullet if you wish.
Attached Images

Old Mar 25, 2005, 3:04 PM   #67

Dawg it looks pretty good to me! I mean your mold, not your foot.Not that i think your foot is moldy.I absolutely love your rubber casting idea and I can see many other applications I can use that for. I've used that stuff on tool handles but never gave it a thought for other stuff.Thanks for rocking my brain. Stevesforums-not just for cameras.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 7:50 PM   #68

ROFLMAO

het Dawg, has the little lady told you that your sleeping in the garage yet, ...just you and the 6490?

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:17 PM   #69

No, Bob but she keeps saying little things like, " Oh, your having a good time today. Aren't you." Or, "You sure seem to be enjoying yourself with that camera." Or, "Your having more fun with that camera than you had at Christmas." I have a feeling it'll only go downhill from here. What does she want? I go to work every now and then. I bath weekly and most of the time weakly. If my teeth need cleaning I take them out and soak them for a few seconds in the dish water, I don't wear Plaid and Flower prints at the same time as much as I used to. I actually turn around and look at her when she tells me to do something, just before I go on and do what I wanted to do. What more could she want in a husband.

The clean DAWG
Attached Images

Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:27 PM   #70

Hey guys I'm new to the board here, I just got a 6490 recently but this modification seems pretty easy. Couldnt you jsut take some bycicle inner tubing and slip it on the eyepeice? The exterior of the eypeice is indented and looks like it could slip on easily. It would just be a matter of finding the correct diameter tubing. You could cut the edge to whatever shape you wanted, perhaps even doubling the edge over for comfort. I would think if you found just the correct diameter one could slip it on and off as needed. Just a thought. :|
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote