Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:08 PM   #71

Hey Dawg we got some more ideas and any help is good I got some old tires and gonna give that one a try Thanks for the idea RedDragon :idea::idea:
PS Da Dawg has been working hard on a mold for the cam and I'm really watching out for the outcome cuz we're gonna be some happy campers here
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:27 PM   #72

Dawg,

wait till you get up in the middle of the night to try out an idea...with the camera i mean, that's when it really goes downhill. I've learned to wait until morning.

RedDragon, welcome to the forum , any idea is worth a try. We are open to suggestions. Ijustneed to quit fiddling with the cam and take some pics,LOL.

Wagaboo, sorry about the turkey baster. But i think i can speak for dawg here, him and i are really sorry about the turkey...we were hoping for a sandwich.

Regards

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:40 PM   #73

Yep, that'll work as well as electrical heat shrink tubing and rubber door seal tape and sometimes turkey basters. If someone wants to try all of the above and more no one's gonna stop them or saying anything about bad it. This is probably the solution for a lot of folks that are reading this and all of us hopes it suits them well. That said I would like to continue on to a manufactured looking eyecup. That is only my preference and I certainly am not trying to convience any one that they have to follow me down any primrose path. All I ask is if you try the tube out let everyone else here know how it worked and let us see it on the camera if possible. This would be a service to all. And I can gaurantee if I like what I hear and see, you'll know it real quick. I can change my mind in a heart beat.
That was good input RedDragon. We need more like that, from the other folks that are reading this. Ideas are to be shared not horded for your own selves. Lets everyone step up to the plate and give us your ideas. This dawgs gonna put his big ears on, open his eyes wide open, and tickle lock his mouth for a while.

Dawg waiting for Ideas.

P.S. What turkey sandwich? I thought we decided to eat the baster!! If you look you'll see it got stuck about half way!!
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 2:16 PM   #74

Hi bigdawg and all. Bought a new DX6490 last week and signed up here today afterenjoying this thread.

If you are still looking for ideas - here's mine.

Takea pair ofblack velcro self adhesive strips 6 inches long.Stick them back to back then wrap them around the viewfinder (soft side in) and press the overlap firmly together.

I had some (.75"wide) ready for another project so have just tried it out and it works fine for me,with:| orbest without glasses. Would probablywork if cut shorter then dipped in PVC or rubber solution?

Looking forward to seeing your final solution.
Attached Images

bal4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 2:50 PM   #75

All Ideas are surely welcome and appreciated and welcome to the forum , yer gonna love this lil community...

Hey Dawg found one of yer baby pics when you had more hair

:|
Attached Images

Old Mar 27, 2005, 4:39 PM   #76

Thanks for the input bal4bil. That looks rather ingenius if I do say so myself. Like wagaboo said welcome and thank you for entering the fray. Wagaboo that looks more like my neighbor Mory than me. I always went trick or treating with a ski mask 38 revolver and a dump truck to haul the goodies home.

Dawg.

PS How'd they get you to pose that way anyhoo?
Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:08 PM   #77

OK fellas, heres my attempt using by aforementioned bycicle inner tube idea. It only took me 10 minutes, it isn't pretty but it will work and could probably modified further. Happy Easter everyone.
Attached Images

RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:09 PM   #78

RedDragon wrote:
Quote:
OK fellas, heres my attempt using by aforementioned bycicle inner tube idea. It only took me 10 minutes, it isn't pretty but it will work and could probably modified further. Happy Easter everyone.
Attached Images

RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:40 PM   #79

That don't look too bad at all RedDragon. Ya see everyone, you never can tell if an idea pans out or not until you try it. Many thanks RedDragon. Now every one. here is someone's idea that he is not afraid to share. Are there any other's??
Come on folks this is what a forum is all about. Join in. It can be a lot of fun when you participate. Ya can't be a wall flower all your life. bal4bil did and not a bad idea either. come on I know there are lurkers with ideas. Let's give em up for the better good.

Dawg

Yer out there I can see you.
Attached Images

Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:15 AM   #80

GOOD JOB RedDragon so simple yet it works gonna take the tire off the wifes bike and try that Idea for sure....shhhh on taking the tire there Dawg....dont say a word or Ill get ya fixed lol J/K hmmm things work out good when yer not afraid to try
RedDragon, could you see the full screen in the viewfinder without having to turn the cam around at all different angles just to see the screen ?
((Anxiously awaits RedDragons reply)):G