Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:21 PM   #1

Last Saturday I finally got my new camera

Almost got the DX7630 but that turn out to be a returned and since they never leave a note why it was return. Decide not to chance it.So got the CX7530 instead :-). Plus I was able to pick up a card reader, got the SanDisk one. Works great. Also got the rest stuff I needed and also about 300 dollars poorer :lol:

But I do have two question.

When you open the photo in your editing program, is it normal for the photo to be huge in size? I open mine in Corel Photo House 5. Most the pics around 35x 26 inches. I honestly thought the pics would be around the size of regular photo.

Also with the shutter,I know you suppose to push it half way down,wait for the green light, then push it complete down. But I am the only person who half the time, manages to push it all the way down. :roll: But just make sure I'm not hurting the camera by doing that.

But I'm having fun with camera. Was bless a snowstorm this week. Got few good photos, despite having to do through a window most of the time. Did order a book from B&N about digital photography. It's Jeff Wignall "The Joy of Digital Photography. Page through it, great book.

Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2005, 8:30 PM   #2

pushing it straight through and not locking the exposure/shutter values first will hurt nothing....

As for huge size pics,,,i use PSE3.0 so i can`t comment on your program,,,but sounds to me like it`s opening the pics at "actual pixels"....there must be a setting for full screen which would resize it to fit your monitor resolution.....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 7:49 PM   #3

Thank You !!

You gave the clue to what I was doing wrong.I have set the photo size first,then open the file The program came with Wordperfect. However I'm looking into getting Photoshop Elements.Like to alter photos.I just need to upgrade my memory, only have 256 ram
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:00 PM   #4

Jask paint shop pro or elements 3.0 are excellent programs,,and fairly cheap too,,,,i like Elements 3.0 the most,,,though i do use Jasc for purple fringing some,,,,i had elements2.0 and it`s also good,,,,,some improvements on 3.0 but if you can get elewments2.0 cheap i`d just get that.....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:08 PM   #5

Photoshop elements has always worked great for me. Any version will do a decent job. What you get in Elements is almost the same as you used to get in the full Photoshop 3.0 costing hundreds of dollars at one time. I've owned that version as well as 4.0 and 5.0. I'm cheap that's why I wait till one version is obsolete before I shop and buy. But Adobe just takes the old versions and bundles it with scanners, printers and other OEM products making it readily available to cheap Dawgs like me. Also sold seperately on CD.
Ram is the key to enjoying the manipulation of photo's though. When I had the first version of Photoshop that I owned I was useing Win95 and 64 MB of ram I believe that was 2.0. I'd start to change a photo and could get up get a cup of coffee and finish it before the program could re-write the photo HALFWAY. Now with 512MB it does it within a minute or so. The gist of this is Get Photoshop, Get more ram. It is not that expensive,ram or Elements and will absolutely add to your enjoyment of photography.

Dawg

Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 2:50 PM   #6

Congrats on your new camera Lurker. But you got me wondering....we call snowstorms a lot of things but never "blessed"

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:06 AM   #7

The man that runs the snow plow might think differently Dan. Congrats on the camera Lurker, Post some picts soon. In Alabama we get snow so seldom, it's hard to remember what it looks like.

Snowless Dawg
Old Mar 19, 2005, 4:40 PM   #8

Dan, snow is blessing when you get the day off and you spent it by taking pictures.

Right now I'm in the processes of getting more memory for my computer. Just waiting for Gateway to get back to me.(Sent them email today)

As for posting for photos, I have a few posted on my blog at http://quietpoet.blogs.com Including one shot of the moon,where I had it on long exposure.Then move the camera around.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 6:50 PM   #9

Enjoyed the photos emensly. Keep up the good work. Liked what you said about the no bad photos. It is exactly what my mother said when I was about to throw away what I thought were bad photos. That was 23 years ago and I think about it almost daily.

dawg