Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 12, 2005, 11:55 PM   #1

I have a CX7330. About 3 days ago i transferred some pics to my pc and everything was fine. Today i took some pics and went to trasfer them. They transfered, but when i went to open them, a message saying "Kodak EasyShare Software cannot read the file. (FILE NAME HERE) The file exists, but may be damaged. When i went to print those pics from my dock, they came out perfect. What's going on?! I would really appreciate any help. A friend told me i may have a virus. But the only files and pics i'm having problems with are the pics that i recently took.
aeris32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2005, 6:37 AM   #2

Picturefiles can be opened with other software already on your PC. If you have microsoft paint or similar you could try opening the pictures from the folder they are stored in. If the files open OK then the problem is probably the easyshare software. Backup the pictures you already have and reinstall easyshare.

If you suspect a piece of rogue software on your pc; download spybot and clean it up

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

... download it and use it anyway. It a good tool to have and use regularily:and it's free.
cobra962UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 10:07 AM   #3

I opened them with 3 different programs and my web browser and they were all messed up. How do i backup the pictures? If i reinstall EasyShare will it delete the pictures on my camera?
Old Mar 13, 2005, 7:05 PM   #4

If you delete the Easyshare program the pictures will not be erassed from the computer or camera,,,but you will lose all your album names in Easyshare,,,,which,yes,i found out,,,and re setting the album names on 3500 favorites was really no fun,,lol

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 11:13 PM   #5

Problem solved guys! Thanx for all the help!