Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 24, 2005, 2:58 PM   #11

Dave:

When you load the software, select a CUSTOM install instead of COMPLETE, and just tell it NOT to load the Easy-Share software which in my VERY limited experience is not worth much, and tell it you just want to install the CAMERA CONNECTION SOFTWARE. I tried it here and it now works like my Olympus did... it mounts the camera as a REMOVEABLE drive and you can use Windows Explorer to transfer the pics... The one difference is that for some reason the REMOVEABLE drive did not have to be UN-MOUNTED before I could disconnect the USB cable like my Olympus did... so actually this is even better!
WEGerrald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:16 PM   #12

WEGerrald wrote:
Quote:
Dave:

When you load the software, select a CUSTOM install instead of COMPLETE
Thanks, WE...

I had discovered that nifty fact and reported it on the 19th (above).But it's cool enough to beworth repeating anyway.

Dave
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:06 PM   #13

I've actually never used the EasyShare Software. For me, it's just a waste of time. All I do is go into My Computer and click on the camera icon and download it from there to whatever directory I choose.

Steve

LINEBACKER 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:08 PM   #14

I loaded the Easy-Share software and used the custom install. It may be a worthwhile program for some beginners, But lacks functionality and suffers in comparison to most photo manipulation software. So as soon as I can sweep it clean I'm gonna. Need more hard drive for the pics!!! Been using My Computer for years and don't see why I shouldn't now. As you know it's hard for old dawgs to use new tricks.

OLD BigDawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:12 AM   #15

Itoo loaded EasyShare but never used it. I used a card reader and carry one in my case. I have an Epson 3 in1 printer with a built in card reader that works well.

I use a Paint Shop Pro andMicrografx Picture Publisher Pro10 for editing. Micrografx was bought out by Corel and they discontinued Publisher :sad:. It 's my favorite editing program.

Terry
tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 9:39 PM   #16

I installed all the EasyShare software and am now seriously considering removing it. It just gets in my way. I find myself using either Paint Shop Pro Photo album or just go to the camera icon on my hard drive to download the pics. The adjust (if needed) with Paint Shop Pro 9. I guess the Easy Share stuff will be history in my 'puter tomorrow. LOL Glad to see that so many others feel the same way as I do about this software.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:28 AM   #17

Yep even makes a reboot about twice as long, not to mention it causeing flags on my ZoneAlarm all the time. Gotta get the dynamite and blow it out one of these days soon.

Dangerous Dawg
Attached Images

Old Apr 4, 2005, 3:18 PM   #18

Well, the Easy Share stuff is gone in my 'puter. There was more there than I realized. Camera transfers great without it using the camera wizzard or directrly into my PSP photo album program. And you were correct Bigdawg, the 'puter restart is faster without it. :-)
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:06 AM   #19

8) it's probably worthwhile running a software program like EasyCleaner or RegCleaner to find any hidden Kodak files and registry entries.

cheers

Bill

bmori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:42 AM   #20

Yea, cwodave it does in mine now that I got it out finally today. Only thing is My Fire Fox went south with it. Guess I'll have to get out Norton Utilities and Clean Sweep today. Or toady as ColdSnail would say.

Janitor Dawg
Attached Images